1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Benchmade 551

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by Jbk0628, May 25, 2019.

1. Jbk0628

Jbk0628

May 18, 2019
    I just got a benchmade grip 551 with black scales . I don’t care about scale color, but since I use my knives in field while hunting they tend to get set down and I have lost atleast one in the field this way so now I enjoy alittle bright orange on anything I carry in field. I don’t like lanyards on pocket knives, so I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of were I could buy a orange backspacer? I plan on calling benchmade after holiday, but have ready they don’t like to sell just parts.
    Thanks in advance

TonySal likes this.
  2. Darkera

Darkera

Oct 22, 2016
    I've taken to tying orange flagging tape to the lanyard holes of the knives I take out to the bush most often. It's not the best solution aesthetic-wise but both the fluorescent orange and texture stick out when I set my knife down.

TonySal likes this.
  3. TonySal

TonySal

Jan 10, 2015
    good idea, then just get rid of it when you return...

4. Dallas T

Dallas T

Apr 6, 2013
    I don’t think standard grips have back spacers do they?

5. Babyboomer

Babyboomer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I was thinking the same thing. No, there's no separate backspacer. The "Grivory" handle wraps around so each side meets, enclosing the back of the knife. I have two dealer exclusives, the 170 and 1702 which have only stand offs like the -1 series.

I've seen DoaT and Keyman custom scales with backspacers, though. You could go that route in any color you could think of.

6. Jbk0628

Jbk0628

May 18, 2019
    I was even looking to see if
    Dang y’all are right. Lol, shows how close I looked at it when I bought it. Just ran in and grabbed it cause I wanted one. Owe well guess it’s a orange paint strip on back lol

7. Babyboomer

Babyboomer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I buy a lot of knives that way!:) I believe you can also get a 551 with orange scales -- 551-ORG.

Dallas T likes this.
  8. Dallas T

Dallas T

Apr 6, 2013