Benchmade 551

I just got a benchmade grip 551 with black scales . I don’t care about scale color, but since I use my knives in field while hunting they tend to get set down and I have lost atleast one in the field this way so now I enjoy alittle bright orange on anything I carry in field. I don’t like lanyards on pocket knives, so I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of were I could buy a orange backspacer? I plan on calling benchmade after holiday, but have ready they don’t like to sell just parts.
Thanks in advance

I just got a benchmade grip 551 with black scales . I don’t care about scale color, but since I use my knives in field while hunting they tend to get set down and I have lost atleast one in the field this way so now I enjoy alittle bright orange on anything I carry in field. I don’t like lanyards on pocket knives, so I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of were I could buy a orange backspacer? I plan on calling benchmade after holiday, but have ready they don’t like to sell just parts.
Thanks in advance
I've taken to tying orange flagging tape to the lanyard holes of the knives I take out to the bush most often. It's not the best solution aesthetic-wise but both the fluorescent orange and texture stick out when I set my knife down.

I've taken to tying orange flagging tape to the lanyard holes of the knives I take out to the bush most often. It's not the best solution aesthetic-wise but both the fluorescent orange and texture stick out when I set my knife down.
good idea, then just get rid of it when you return...

I was thinking the same thing. No, there's no separate backspacer. The "Grivory" handle wraps around so each side meets, enclosing the back of the knife. I have two dealer exclusives, the 170 and 1702 which have only stand offs like the -1 series.

I've seen DoaT and Keyman custom scales with backspacers, though. You could go that route in any color you could think of.

I was even looking to see if
I was thinking the same thing. No, there's no separate backspacer. The "Grivory" handle wraps around so each side meets, enclosing the back of the knife. I have two dealer exclusives, the 170 and 1702 which have only stand offs like the -1 series.

I've seen DoaT and Keyman custom scales with backspacers, though. You could go that route in any color you could think of.

Dang y’all are right. Lol, shows how close I looked at it when I bought it. Just ran in and grabbed it cause I wanted one. Owe well guess it’s a orange paint strip on back lol

Back