Benchmade 690 Elishewitz

VJ5P0GK.jpg

Benchmade 690 Elishewitz that I found at a local antique/flea market yesterday. Here it is after a thorough clean-up and lube. Very happy with it.

Since I never heard of Benchmade before 2017, that one is a little before my time, but it is a stunner nonetheless. Makes me kind of wish I had bought a 698 Foray when I had the chance. Unfortunately since retiring, my knife purchasing days are over or at the very least severely curtailed.

I've got one of those... Pretty sure it's a black, half-serrated blade. Let it run around my desk for a few months; before that it was in its box for about 15 years. It didn't get into any trouble while it was out; but I decided to tuck it away again, anyway

My first good folder was a 690. Yours is gorgeous!

These days my brain always does a little "record scratch" when I see a BM without the Axis lock. :D

that is one good looking knife my friend, they don't make them like that anymore, do you know what year it is?

sadly I don’t know the history of these. I looked for some sort of manufacturing date code and didn’t see anything externally. Maybe something somewhere within the knife.

CLP will probably take those scuffs right off. I use it on a phaeton that is my daily and it looks brand new. Most of the time those are on the outside of the coating

From what I’ve read, the 690 with Elishewitz’s designer mark on it should be a 2001 model, Elishewitz parted ways with the company shortly after, but they continued to use his design, just without his name on the clip side of the blade. Someone can correct me if my information isn’t quite accurate.

Back