benchmade 722 bt2 serrated

could you guys give me some of your opinions regarding this knife - after looking for a good utility/defense folder this is the one I came up with. Am I on the right track?

Thanks

I am for the most part ignorant of Benchmades but I have never heard anything bad said about the AFCK or the 710.

The 722 has been my primary daily carry for a year now, it's awesome! What I really like is the reversible clip; I prefer to clip my knives in the pocket with the blade tip up... which it allows you to do. There's some slight side-to-side play in the blade, but this knife's been used quite heavily and is expected. I just did a spine whack test with my palm; the axis lock is solid.

I have a couple of 722's. I just picked up another on BA for $65.00. I usually have one with me to handle the dirty work and abuse the hell out of them. They do develop some blade wobble, but the lock-up is great and they take a beating and and edge and still remain pretty functional. I would NOT pay $100.00 for one though......wolf

Have you guys with a case of the "wobbles" tried tightening up on the pivot screw? A Torx 10 will do it. If it doesn't hold, back the pivot screw out, clean the threads and apply a small amount of Loc-tite on the threads and tighten it down. Let it set for a day and your probs should be over.

722BT (not serrated) is my EDC. It is my favourite production knife, and is carried for SD only - I carry other knives for general use. My 722 is always sharp and always on my hip.

I have a 722 that has been used pretty heavily. It has even been used to dig an arrow out of the surround of a target. 1x4 wood. Dug like a champ, no problem. And it hasn't developed ANY blade play. Of course, the first thing I always do is back the pivot screw out, put loc-tite on the threads, and reinstall, adjusting for easy opening yet no play. This one was done the same, and has held that adjustment for about 8 months. It is a great knife, regulary getting rotated through my EDC.

Back