• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Benchmade 940 Osborne CARBON FIBER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoorlyTiedFly

Gold Member
NO LONGER FOR SALE!
I have for sale a hard to find Benchmade 940-1 Osborne CARBON FIBER in perfect, unused condition. S90v steel!

I am a collector-not a user and the blade is factory perfect. Comes in Benchmade box (not shown) with microfiber sack and paperwork. Price listed include 2-day Priority shipping with tracking in the cont. US and Paypal G&S fees. I will delete price and pics once knife is sold. Please PM me to indicate you will take it and get my Paypal information.

NO TRADES!

This knife appears to be a fake and I have removed the sales price as it is no longer for sale. Read below for more information.

20171203_171949_resized.jpg 20171203_171955_resized.jpg 20171203_172006_resized.jpg 20171203_172015_resized.jpg 20171203_212238_resized.jpg 20171203_212248_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't these $270 new from any dealer? Is this not the 940-1? I'm just confused if this is some special model of 940 I'm not aware of.

Can you provide pictures of the color of the metal that the clip screws into? If it's Grey it's a clone. If it's black it's legit.
Example
r_BVa_JFhl1l-_AUTax_AAf8l0_Naqgo123.jpg

From the pics it looks Grey but it could be lighting plus the box says s30v?

Last edited:
Looks more like owing both styles 940-2 and 940-1 but putting the blade of the 2 on the body of the 1 and then u have this copy for sale

It’s a fake. A counterfeit. Everything about it is wrong

It’s definitely not pieces from two different Benchmades.

Reactions: Mo2
Blade grind is off, it doesn't say cpm s90v just s90v. The pivot looks very wrong. The logos on both side of the blade are wrong. The Grey screw holes for the clip. This is a d2 steel clone. Even the carbon fiber looks different than my legit 940-1

That was the wrong box - I have deleted that pic. I am looking in to this now and will take down this post if it isn't legit. I bought it new/uncarried from an individual not a dealer so that is concerning... working on getting the pics requested uploaded.

That was the wrong box - I have deleted that pic. I am looking in to this now and will take down this post if it isn't legit. I bought it new/uncarried from an individual not a dealer so that is concerning... working on getting the pics requested uploaded.
Let us know who it is. And I hope they fix the problem and make it right. Cause it's def a fake. But we'll need to know who it is so they don't resell it. Plus we don't want them selling anymore clones. I'm sure they could have been had too, but how can you trust that for sure.

craigslist seller. I paid $225 for it last year used. It came in a regular 940 box (I have 6 so I inadvertantly used the wrong one in the original pic which is now removed. Here is the best pic I can get of the metal that the clip screws into... it is silver (not black). Blade has a stonewashed finish different than my others - I just assumed that was what was done on the 940-1. Blade stamp on a real 940-1 still just says 940 (at least what I see online) but my butterfly is lower and smaller than my other 940-s and 943's. Standoffs are a darker blue than others I see online too.... So I am going to assume this knive is fake and this posting will be closed. I will leave the information up for future use for anyone. The knife will stay with me. Anyone want anymore pics to document this fake just ask or PM me.

:mad:

Attachments

• 20171203_225752_resized.jpg
    20171203_225752_resized.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 70
If u have a few 940s and are the same fakes U shouldn’t be selling on this site

have for sale a hard to find Benchmade 940-1 Osborne CARBON FIBER in perfect, unused condition. S90v steel

Now u say u bought it used in ur opening u stated unused

For those who posted here even though well intentioned should have simply reported the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back