Benchmade 94x series: Clip Point or Modified Tanto?

boobar

Gold Member
I am looking at either picking a up a BM942 plain edge or a BM943 plain edge and I was wondering which blade style is more useful in everyday use. Any thoughts on this knife would be great.

And the answer is: 943!

Not just because I have one but I have heard others say that clip points, drop points, etc. are more usefull that a tanto.

My BM 943

"reverse tanto" - what does that mean?

This is a drop point blade design with a straight clip instead of a curved clip.

Damn useful blade if you ask me.

BTW, if you haven't checked out the new Ti version - you are missing the best one to date put out by Benchmade.

Originally posted by Architect
BTW, if you haven't checked out the new Ti version - you are missing the best one to date put out by Benchmade.

I have seen the new Ti version but I also saw on Benchmades forum that it won't be out until August or September.

I absolutely love my Carbon Fiber/D2 941. One of the best knives ever IMHO. The new Ti version sounds very cool too. I really like the clip blade, my best buddy on the other hand, loves his reverse tanto 940. Pick which one looks better to you. I like em pointy!

jmx

Clip point I have both and I find that the clip point is more usefull and looks less tactical then the Mod Reverse Tanto.

boobar - you need to find a brick & mortar store - they get the LE's. The LE's only make it to internet types when BM has exhausted the B&M distribution route.

HINT: To make it easier - some B&M's also sell stuff on the internet, but the knives are not the only/primary item they sell. Plus they have to have a real walk-up storefront. There are a lot of gunshops they get these LE's, and a lot of them sell on the 'net.

Tadgear had a couple for sale last month, but they are gone.

BTW - the Ti version has open construction using coated (black) standoffs instead of the standard anodized filed closed space. I will post some scans, but won't be able to do that for a few days.

boobar,

I have both and find that they slice equally well, but the clip point is more useful because of the pointy tip. Both are equally sheeple-friendly IMO, especially if purchased with the green handle. If I could only have one, it would be the clip point.

I own a BM 942. I like the reverse tanto blade because the edge is nearly flat (like a razor)... and it is more original ! :D

I own a 941BC1BL and I really like the clip point style instead of the reverse tanto. Too bad I can't keep it....college is breaking me. (for sale) :D

It is "Louky-the-dog", I had adopted it in 1995. Its mother is a Siberian Husky and its father an Alsatian. Very kind dog : a good companion to walk in the forest ! :D

Thanks for the opinions, I just ordered a 943 plain edge. I like the black handle as opposed to a colored one, just my preference.

Damn

The order I placed for the 943, I got an email saying that they are out of them along with all of the 94x series knives. Ain't that some ****! I will have to try elsewear.

Why not save up and wait for the 941TI-01? It's the same clip point you want, but with titanium handles and an S30V blade.

I would love to have that one and I would have no problem spending the money on it but I need a knife now, I am knifeless and I feel naked.

i prefer the clip point, my friend has a modified tanto and i have a clip point, i think the clip point is more practical

Back