1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

benchmade bedlam

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by PAknife, Jan 7, 2015.

1. PAknife

PAknife

Jan 1, 2015
    I just got this knife in the mail it appears benchmade changes where they put the 154cm and patent on the blade of non logo side? Is this normal? is my knife real?

its marked under the stud non logo side 154cm then under that U.S. Patent No. RE41.259

2. jonearlt

jonearlt Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Pics?

3. 338375

Nov 4, 2006
    It makes it a lot easier to tell if it is fake, if you post some good pictures.

4. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad

Nov 19, 2013
    Pics. Unless it looks ridiculously unlike other 860's I think your fine. The fake/clones I've seen of Benchmades look nothing like the original ones.

5. Redmasta

Redmasta

Jul 17, 2013
    Going by the pictures I'd say it's fake.

6. PAknife

PAknife

Jan 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad

Nov 19, 2013
    Oh man. That's totally fake. I will email you my address so you can ship it to me and I will hand it over to the proper authorites so they can send it to Benchmade and start the investagation.:eek:

Na. It's real and if it's not it's copied to perfection.

8. PAknife

PAknife

Jan 1, 2015
    lol thanks yeah I called benchmade and told them my concerns they put it to rest and said with out having the knife in hand they are 99.9% sure its the real deal

9. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad

Nov 19, 2013
    Their CS is awesome. Called them myself about a possible fake. I bought a 810 on an online store and when it arrived it was a 810 grey blade with the liners,pivot,screws of an 810sbk. I said to myself, WTF? That ain't right. so called Benchmade and I told them where I got it from and asked why it would come this way and they told me they had made them that way in early production. Sooo all was good. If you need some info about a BM knife best just to call them cause THEY WILL HAVE ANWSERS TO ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. Fast. I actually wish I wouldn't have sold that 810 with the grey blade and SBK hardware. Looked better that way IMO.

10. PAknife

PAknife

Jan 1, 2015
    They're great and the knife is incredible I'm so glad I jumped on it. Thank you for your help.

11. oXObsidianXo

oXObsidianXo

Dec 30, 2013
    Umm, maybe it's just me. But did they change the grind of the Bedlam from a flat grind to a hollow grind? The knife in the pics OP posted looks to have a hollow grind, yet when I search pics of the Bedlam it appears to have a flat grind. Also, OP the reason for you thinking it was a fake was because of the 154CM and patent markings, yet neither of those are visible in your pictures.

Going purely off the two pictures OP posted, I'm going to say it's fake. Though a very convincing one at that. Regardless of what Benchmade CS says.

12. PAknife

PAknife

Jan 1, 2015
    I took it to a dealer and compared it to another one today its identical its the real deal my cell cam sucks but it is the current run of the bedlam

And if its fake they used a real box it even scans and comes up or qr reader as benchmade knife. I tried to take better pics but my phone just stinks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  13. jkarp_53

jkarp_53

May 25, 2006
    It's real.

14. oXObsidianXo

oXObsidianXo

Dec 30, 2013
    New pics make the grind more clear. Looks real to me.

Sorry, it's just that the previous pics made the knife appear to have a hollow grind.

15. PAknife

PAknife

Jan 1, 2015
    No problem and thanks everyone for the help I really like this knife and company.