1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Benchmade Cigar Cutter

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by Nessmuk901, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Nessmuk901

Nessmuk901

Sep 20, 2019
    Hey does anyone have Benchmade's cigar cutter? What are your thoughts? I love my Benchmade and their products but was wondering if their's was worth the 450 they were asking when you can pick most up for a couple bucks.

2. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    I've read that it doesn't actually cut cigars well since it's poorly designed:rolleyes:

"The major issue seems to be one of design: if you look through the bottom of the housing—you can see what I am talking about in the photograph above—there is an obvious gap between the blade and the edge of the inside housing. Basically, this means that when you cut a cigar, there is almost always going to be a small portion of the cap that is going to be left uncut, regardless of what you do to try and mitigate that fact."

https://halfwheel.com/benchmade-1500-181-cigar-cutter/286742/amp/

Nessmuk901 likes this.
  3. stevejams

stevejams Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2018
    I too enjoy benchmade, and I know nothing about what you’re asking, but even if it cut cigars better than the finest cigar cutter of all time, I am willing to bet it is definitely not worth the money. You might as well buy a sweet ass knife and cut it with that

BellaBlades, Nessmuk901 and WValtakis like this.
  4. Nessmuk901

Nessmuk901

Sep 20, 2019
    I agree about using a good knife to cut a cigar and I do that often however sometimes depending on the cigar you need a good cutter which I feel sadly benchmade hasn't met the mark based on most responses. I guess i keep carrying my benchmade for EDC and my cutter for cigars.

stevejams likes this.