Benchmade Cigar Cutter

Hey does anyone have Benchmade's cigar cutter? What are your thoughts? I love my Benchmade and their products but was wondering if their's was worth the 450 they were asking when you can pick most up for a couple bucks.

Hey does anyone have Benchmade's cigar cutter? What are your thoughts? I love my Benchmade and their products but was wondering if their's was worth the 450 they were asking when you can pick most up for a couple bucks.
I've read that it doesn't actually cut cigars well since it's poorly designed:rolleyes:

"The major issue seems to be one of design: if you look through the bottom of the housing—you can see what I am talking about in the photograph above—there is an obvious gap between the blade and the edge of the inside housing. Basically, this means that when you cut a cigar, there is almost always going to be a small portion of the cap that is going to be left uncut, regardless of what you do to try and mitigate that fact."

https://halfwheel.com/benchmade-1500-181-cigar-cutter/286742/amp/

I agree about using a good knife to cut a cigar and I do that often however sometimes depending on the cigar you need a good cutter which I feel sadly benchmade hasn't met the mark based on most responses. I guess i keep carrying my benchmade for EDC and my cutter for cigars.

Benchmade cigar cutters are listed from 160-1000$ depending on the model. That is just crazy to me, I could do a lot with $1000. I feel Benchmade was under the notion that all people who smoke cigars are rich company execs who don't care what something costs, but that is unbelievable. $160 is still too much, but it is Benchmade.

Back