Benchmade forum down

Was wondering about that. Technical issues, or just no longer gonna exist?

Sheesh. Spyderco was down a couple nights ago, now Benchmade. It's a conspiracy I tells ya!

Really? I've been a forum member for several years, and this is the first time I've noticed it being down.

I found for the most part the members there were rather "cliquey". It was the mostly dozen or so members that chatted with each other and had little time for, or even acknowledged "outsiders'. Not too much going on there anyway.

I found for the most part the members there were rather "cliquey". It was the mostly dozen or so members that chatted with each other and had little time for, or even acknowledged "outsiders'. Not too much going on there anyway.
There are at least 30 members over there who are pretty active & very knowledgeable. They’re fairly tight, but overall, my experience has been that it’s a great community, actually, that welcomes new members.

As for the BM forum, an insider emailed a response to my inquiry:
9E3B2DDF-846D-40B9-B31D-0D476A3901B0.jpeg

To be sure, there are some opinionated people over there who seem to feel they are entitled to enjoy their seniority within the group.
Yet even within that group of people, there have been some very helpful people. And some very generous people, as well.
I don’t own many BM knives at this point, but do follow along over there. Hopefully they straighten up whatever went wrong.
For what it’s worth, from what I’ve seen, the people who end up crying foul within the forum tend to be those who show up and come on pretty strong somehow. Then they don’t like it when an old timer calls them on it.

Actually, there are several members who would and do go quite out of their way to answer questions for new members. There are a dozen or so members who have been chatting with each other on nearly a daily basis for a number of years, and the interaction between them can be a bit personal and informal, but that is not meant to exclude anyone, and at this point, I think that would be quite difficult to undo. The fact is, anyone who has an interest in Benchmades would have no reason not to feel welcome.

I have been a member for 14 years, and have made a few friends over the years. Forums are communities, and they take time to work your way in. It is not that people are intentional about excluding anyone, it is just how we feel when we are new. I am a member of most of the larger forums and there is one that I have been a member of for almost 15 years and still don't feel like I fit in. It is what it is. I loved the Benchmade Forum because it was a good group of guys who loved Benchmade's (and shock of shock, you could love other brands too). I miss the forum, hope it gets back up would hate to see it die off.

I've been a member for over twenty years. I've seen some disagreeable people there at times, but those are few and far between...and everywhere else, too. On the other hand, the level of camaraderie is bettered nowhere.
When the forum reopens, please give it another go.

Back