• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Benchmade Freek 560BK-1801 & Spyderco Native 5 LW S110V - Sold

Prices are PayPal G&S Shipped

First chronological I'll take it gets priority. Feel free to PM me with any additional inquiries.

Benchmade Freek 560BK-1801 #254/500 Natural G10 Handle, Grey Coated M4 Blade
I am the second owner, the first owner bought and flipped the knife (I was the sucker who bought it from them not knowing Benchmade was going to put a G10 handled Freek into full production). Out of the box, the pivot was dry and a bit stiff, so I disassembled the knife, cleaned the bushings, and then lightly burnished them before re-assembly. I also used the ceramic inserts on my Spyderco SharpMaker to knock down a couple of burs and high spots on the factory edge (I didn't change the angle or in any way raise the grind). Afterward, I cleaned the blade on a strop and treated all the bare metal surfaces with EDCi. The knife is now smoother and sharper than how it came out of the box. To my eye, the blade centering is perfect.

I've carried the knife a dozen or so times and added an MXG Gear titanium deep carry clip shortly after purchasing the knife; there are a couple of light snail trails on the clip. The original factory clip and screws are included, as well as all the packaging. I haven't cut anything sturdier than a couple of envelopes for fear of scuffing the coating. I added some extra oil to the pivot, lock bar, and re-wiped the blade edge with EDCi before boxing the knife back up.

Spyderco Native 5 LW S110V, Blue FRN Handle, Satin Blade
I purchased this knife new from Blade HQ; it came of the box near as perfect. I've carried the knife occasionally for 18 months or so and haven't ever had any need to adjust the pivot. I don't remember ever sharpening the S110V (it holds an edge incredibly well), but I have run it across the strop a few times for preventative maintenance. I took a photo to try and capture the nick in the edge near the tip of the blade. The blade is well centered and has been cleaned with EDCi several times. The knife has an MXG Titanium Deep Carry clip but comes with all original packaging and the factory clip (w/ screws).

Last edited:
Thanks, Ironwagon. The Spyderco has sold; my apologies confucius37.

The Benchmade is still available, feel free to reach out with questions.

Back