Benchmade Osborne 921 double blade Axis Lock

Thanks Dex!
But, Rats, I was hoping it was a bit shorter! Love that blade style of course! The piggy back blade...not sure if I'd ever use it myself...

Now I went to the BM web page and looked at the 940 image and see TWO different blade patterns!?! One tradition 940...like I own, and one with more of a Jess Horn swedge pointy blade! Whats up with that, that one looks VERY nice as well!!!

Oh the pain!
G2:D

Originally posted by Gary W. Graley

Now I went to the BM web page and looked at the 940 image and see TWO different blade patterns!?! One tradition 940...like I own, and one with more of a Jess Horn swedge pointy blade! Whats up with that, that one looks VERY nice as well!!!

No problem, Gary! The 941 clip point is the one you are referring to. They've had this in their line for quite a while now. This year they are adding a variation of the 941 to the line - one that features a carbon fiber handle and a D2 blade. I will be in liine for one of these too! I got to handle the prototype at Blade and it is light as a feather for its size. I've always wanted BM to do a CF version of the 940, but they did it with the 941. Ah well, you take what you can get ;) It's still a cool knife anyway!

Originally posted by YoungCutter
Dex, is that gonna be a production version, or a BOTM thing?

YC, I assume you are speaking of the carbon fiber and D2 941? If so, this is gonna be a regular production item!! It is a really slick knife. You'll like it for sure.

I love the looks of this knife. My only question is, why is the smaller blade not S30V too? What is the reason for making the smaller blade 440C?

Oh man, i'm excited!

Also is it gonna be available in satin, or is BM gonna pull the s$%# they did with the Axis AFCK?

Dan - not sure why the secondary blade is 440C instead of S30V. Maybe a cost issue??

YC - BM is certainly not gonna pull the crap they did with the 806D2. The blades are not going to be satin though....it's kind of in between a satin and high polish. The finish on this one looks very nice, you can see a reflection of yourself in the finish albeit it's kind of fuzzy. IMHO its better looking than satin.

I heard from my rep at Benchmade yesterday, informing me that they have finally assigned a model name to the 921 - "Switchback".

Dex or anyone who has handled the knife - does the spine of the second blade make the knife less comfortable than the other Osborne line? Seems like the thinner profile could possibly dig into the palm of your hand.

thanks!

Originally posted by Geode
Dex or anyone who has handled the knife - does the spine of the second blade make the knife less comfortable than the other Osborne line? Seems like the thinner profile could possibly dig into the palm of your hand.

thanks!

Actually, you don't feel the second blade's spine when you grip the knife in a normal grip. If you use it edge up, then you will feel it. The handle is pretty damn comfortable as it is good looking. I'm very pleased with this one!

I was only able to obtain the 921S pre-production version, even though I don't like serrated knives, this one is a winner! Silky smooth action and very comfotable in the hand, you don't realize that part of the handle is another blade. My only gripes are 440C for the secondary, and for a slipjoint it's pretty stiff. Overall 9/10, IMHO.

Originally posted by marcangel
My only gripes are 440C for the secondary, and for a slipjoint it's pretty stiff.

440C ain't nothin' to sneeze at! :D Figure in that you'll use the main blade for the heavy duty stuff and only use the secondary blade for small cuts, cleaning fingernails, opening mail, etc. Could be worse...they could have made the secondary blade out of 420HC :barf: :)

is my b-day, the wife surprised me with the new 921S. It rocks, have not used it yet, but the handle is fine, fit & finish are 100 % right on. No wobble, etc.
The blade is marked S30V on the backside by the thumbstud. # 2 blade operates tightly, but that's fine as there is no lock for that blade. Comfortable grip when using either blade. Blue handle, recent e-mail from BM indicates that the handle color could change in the future. The slight curve of the handle"feels" more comfortable to me than the 940 that I own. The S30V is not a "glossy" type of satin finish, fingerprints show up well. The clip feels sturdy / stiff, not flimsy. Overall, very immpressed, will begin using it soon, and will fill in with any intersting stuff later. Mine is number 0257/1000. Stinky

mine was retail, $ 190.00 but with a 15 % off since I get some kind of discount because I've spent sooo much at this same store this year. So , full retail it was. Place is in La Mesa, Ca, called "The Edge" nice store & nicer people who work there. Stinky

I want to know blade thickness! Is this a hefty enough blade to replace my SOG Night Vision???

I handled some last week. typical lightweight benchmade. Cool design and I'm sure that little blade would be very usefull. I'm waiting for the plain edge before I buy one.

Back