1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Benchmade pictures

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by KB3UBW, Jan 31, 2013.

1. BM-EDC

BM-EDC Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  2. Jerry D.

Jerry D. Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 17, 2008
  3. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    So far....

[​IMG]

4. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    bananas.jpg

colin.p likes this.
  5. evanofcain

evanofcain

Feb 14, 2012
    I replaced my broken omega springs on my Mini Freek with a .016" gauge guitar string. It now requires less force to pull back the lock bar and feels smoother. I'm curious if the guitar string will last longer than omega springs.

Also, I first tried using small paper clips. They technically worked, but just didn't have the springiness to travel as far as the lock bar needs without having a slight amount of play.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    I bought some memory wire and a cheap set of jewelry pliers in a kit from Amazon so when the inevitable happens, I'm all set. Of course, I'll contact BM first to see if they will send me out omega springs (sending it south of the border is out of the question at this point) but I kind of hope they say no so I can start making my own.

edit May 6 2019:
    The show side omega spring broke on my 943-2 Franken and I successfully replaced both springs. It took two times to get them right (I was in a hurry for a Dr appointment and was running late so they looked rather horrid) but when I got home I did another set that matched reasonably well to the originals. The action is stellar even though a little stiffer to push the lock (the wire is a touch thicker than the original stock wire).
    Time will tell when I need to do this again but with my other 8 BM's, I'm good for life.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    evanofcain likes this.
  7. silvaticus

silvaticus

Aug 26, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ChazzyP and StuntDouble like this.
  8. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    What's the story on that one? Who made those scales. They make for a great looking knife.

9. silvaticus

silvaticus

Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks! These are custom od micarta scales on a regular 550 in 154CM. The scales were done by Cuscadi in Germany.

StuntDouble likes this.
  10. Icky Thump

Icky Thump

Dec 8, 2011
    @nosuchagency..Get at me in a PM, brother..

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  11. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    The current crop of BMKs. The Triage is on the Exchange, but I have an LNIB full-size Diamondwood Crooked River inbound, so I'll stay at an even two dozen.

[​IMG]

12. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    An old pic. Most of these have found another home. :(

[​IMG]

13. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    ..and here I thought 6 was a lot of Grips to own. :eek:

Nbrackett likes this.
  14. Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    I had a bit of a problem. Haha. I’m sure more than 100 grips went through my possession. There’s 10-12 different blade steels represented in that above pic.

15. adambisi

adambisi

Nov 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

colin.p, ChazzyP, evanofcain and 2 others like this.
  16. 99cuts

99cuts

Apr 18, 2013
    ok, which one was your favorite? :D

17. Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    It would probably have to be one of these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    This one was cool but too heavy.

[​IMG]

ChazzyP, 99cuts and evanofcain like this.
  19. Ditch-Tiger

Ditch-Tiger

Jan 20, 2018
    Check out this gem; found a Benchmade Pikka in my glovebox from back in the day and been messing with it since. I wonder what BM would do if I sent it in for a pocket clip???
    [​IMG]

20. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    [​IMG]