Benchmade Rescue Hook for EDC?

Well, I'm considering purchasing a Rescue Hook just for the heck of it. Seeing as I'm not a paramedic, fireman, cop, etc., would it be useful at all for an EDC along with a regular knife? Thanks for any help/suggestions.

-Randy

As an EDC, probably not. As something to keep lashed to your seatbelt in the event of a crash, would be worth getting.

Mike

I'm considering buying one of these to keep on my belt to supplement my BM 910 Stryker. I'm at college now, and any time I get a package in the mail, I get some pretty nasty looks if I flip open my Stryker to cut it open. I thought that perhaps the Rescue hook would be handy for cutting open packaging tape, and I could use it at work to cut open zip ties, packages, etc. For $25, why not? :)

-Parke1

i used to get strange looks when i pull out knives to open packages, cut thread/tape, open cans etc
they got used to it :D

I've carried my 5W as part of my EDC lineup before and it did wonderful. Besides being great at slipping open boxes and such, the beer bottle function works great. I haven't had to sharpen mine yet, but I hear that it's as simple as using shoelace charged with stropping compound. Bottom line is, if you are using it for rescue purposes, best keep it only for that purpose. If you aren't, then I figure, what the hell? :D BTW, it's non-knife appearance also helps as I've worn mine as a keychain into many bars/clubs without problem. The 5W is also so flat that it would fit into a wallet with ease. Be forewarned though that the first run nylon sheaths kinda suck.
Matt

Back