Benchmade wanted

Hey, I'm sure yall get this kind of post a lot, but I'll bring it up anyways. I'm finally about to get a nice knife. I've only had cheapies so far. A BM 43 looks like my favorite right now. I was just wondering if yall had any opinions on what I should get. Thanks

Excellent choice the BM 43, good flipper, user, very durable, and a very stylish blade to boot.

Yes it is a preference between the SS handles of the 45 and the Ti handles of the 43. SS handles are heavier which tends to give the handles a faster swing. However, the 45's are in the style of the old handles where the tip of the blade will come in contact with the latch. The 43's latchgate is an very advanced feature.

I favor the 43 myself, that bowie blade is just damn sexy. Now if they make a 43 with SS handles and the latch gate (and maybe the spring latch) feature I'd be in heaven. I think the 43 works best for flipper and general utility work. I wish mine wasn't in the shop.

yeah, I think I'm gonna go with the 43. I'll keep that for a long time and wait till some new BM balis come out with maybe a spring or magnetic latch, and maybe a spearpoint blade. :)

NIB BM45s are going for about $250 these days. You can find a BM43 for $125 without looking to hard. Personally, I actually think that the 43 with the Ti handles is a better flipper overall than a 45. So, if you're looking for a user, I'd go 43.

Originally posted by Mykl Clark
...Now if they make a 43 with SS handles and the latch gate (and maybe the spring latch) feature I'd be in heaven...

I'll second that. :eek:

Originally posted by Mykl Clark
Now if they make a 43 with SS handles and the latch gate (and maybe the spring latch) feature I'd be in heaven.

But there already is such a beast. 43DM
By the way did i mention enough times how much i love mine..

contact your local BM dealers....maybe you get lucky
just go to BM website and contact every dealer...i'm sure someone has it....afterall i got two ( and sold one)

Originally posted by JMcMasterJ
yeah but how did you get a DM?

You don't, unless you have a lot of cash to burn ($350-400) and you find someone who's willing to part with one. :( It was a limited run of 100 pieces, and apparently they were all reserved by the time they were ready to go.

So, yeah, I'd get a 43. And welcome! :D

yeah, I know they are really rare, that's why I was asking. I wasn't considering getting one, I was just curious. I'm just gonna get the 43. For that $ (which I don't have right now) I'd rather get 2 than a DM. and thanks for the welcome ;)

ahh you see ignorance is bliss.
If you were to handle my 43DM you wouldn't say that you would prefer two 43's

I too was ignorant....I saw the pics online....and it looks nice....then I happened to stuble upon someone who had two !!

Once I handled it....all I could think of was that knife....i couldn't sleep cuz i had to have it.

I really can't afford it....So I borrowed money from my parents to get it (i'm 19)

Consider yourself lucky that you haven't handled one....cuz it will infect you...this is my new EDC and my favorite knife.

all you do is talk about your stupid knife, I'm not gonna spend that much $ on one damn knife, so I really don't care

hehe...sorry

I just want to express myself..
but seriously feel lucky that you haven't handled it...cuz you'll steal it if u have to.

yeah well if i ever do handle one, i'm sure i'll like it, but since that chance is rare, i'll stick to my chances, and i guess ignorance, haha :)

if u live or ever in the area...feel free...i don't save my knives...i use them

Back