Bent handles! What's that all about?!

HA! Thought it was going to be a flame eh? NA!!! Just thought I would chime in and say about the only reason I never bought a Busse in the early days is becase I didn't like the straight handles on the "big" knives. I don't know about the rest of you but when I think Busse I think "BIG KNIFE"!!! Now with the intro of the "bent" handles I have no more excuses to put off buying one!
smile.gif
Except for the all ellusive moola!
frown.gif
It just makes more sense to me (and Jerry it seems), to put the blade "on the big knives" forward. Plus, with INFI on the scene I need one now! Lets see, I just need to prioritize my finances. Lets see mac and cheese for dinner, water for breakfast and lunch. Could sell my girlfriends children
"threaten 'em with that anyways"
smile.gif
Sell car, ride bike to work. Yes, that should be sufficieant to buy the ones I want.
Actually I just thought I would pop in and say what a wonderful job you're doing Jerry and crew. Keep with it!
PS
Has Cold Steel ever put their money where their mouth is yet and compare their holy grail "The Trail Master in Carbon V" with "any" of your blades? For some reason I just doubt it!
smile.gif

Take care!

[This message has been edited by folderVSfixed (edited 02-25-2001).]

Cost.

Many times people talk about the cost of a Busse knife. I know you can buy a "knife" for less money and maybe even a "decent knife for the price" for less.

I just happen to be one that thinks that pound for pound, and performance abilities the Busse standard line sells for a very reasonable price.

So sell the kids, look in the paper for the "Little Woman" a second or third job...A Steel Heart is the cost of 142 Big Macs so either cut back on that second burger or pick up your date after supper...

We have been looking for years to find that Ultimate blade. Now that we have found the toughest, meanest, and best "garn-ne-teed" knife out there, we flinch at the price?

We had a tornado pass through Pontotoc County last night, and NO I didn't start it.
eek.gif
We got down power lines and trees all over the dad-burn place. You can bet my Battle Mistress is with me. I think we have done this money comparison thing once or twice before though...Just my opinion...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by MTF3 (edited 02-25-2001).]

MTF3:
Get the little woman a second job. I forgot about that one!
smile.gif
No really though considering the cost of "other" companies knives that I consider to fall short, verry verry short of the Busse line and quality, as you stated pound for pound Busses' are the best. My monitary problem comes from the fact that I can't decide about getting the Outlaw, Mistress or Steel Heart, so I'm saving to just get em' all!
wink.gif

I am most likely mistaken, but, I believe it costs Mr. Busse nearly $90 per INFI steel blade as opposed to less than $2.00 for an equivalent amount of A-2 tool steel. That leaves a little over $200.00 to grind, coat, install handle scales and provide a sheath on a Battle Mistress. You can't even begin to factor in the sweat equity of reputation and performance. All thing considered, the entire Busse Combat line is very reasonably priced.

Back