Bent pocket clip

bladeinshadow

Gold Member
So I'm new to lionsteel knives. I bought an SR1 and the pocket clip came bent so it dose not touch the frame of the knife . I reached out to lionsteel and asked if this is normal and have yet to receive a response. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?IMG_20190916_092443-min-min.jpg

It’s pretty normal. Just remove the clip and carefully bend it to your desired tension and reinstall. It may take a couple tries till you get it to where you like it. Be careful not to get real carried away while bending it as you don’t want to deform it. Go slow.

As it is now in your photo, it’d never stay put.

It’s pretty normal. Just remove the clip and carefully bend it to your desired tension and reinstall. It may take a couple tries till you get it to where you like it. Be careful not to get real carried away while bending it as you don’t want to deform it. Go slow.

I have broken a few clips trying to adjust the tension on them. I might recommend you request a replacement before you attempt to bend it. Either the new one will work or at least you will have a replacement if you mess it up.

It’s always good to have a spare anyway. Sometimes they get snagged on something or whatever and get trashed.

And the Lionsteel clips are sort of out of the norm in design, so consequently a bit harder to find.

I needed a clip for a Fantoni, another Italian made knife, and I finally was able to get one going thru KnifeArt, their US distributor, but I had to wait while it was shipped to them from Italy, then forwarded on to me. What a pain. Took forever. They wouldn’t send it direct to me for some reason. Perhaps they felt I may have some sort of nefarious scheme in play that required one of their pocket clips. Lol.

There may be custom guys who make replacements. One out of titanium might be nice.

Just tweak it slightly down, then check it, and so forth. Little bit at a time. If you overshoot and start bending it back and forth, you’re risking it snapping.

Back