best .22 rifle

I like the Kimbers. This one is the favorite of all the .22's I have ever owned.
Squirrel18of2008-2009season009.jpg

I picked up a Remington 597 some time back and was honestly impressed with how the stock seemed to be designed with an adult in mind. Maybe I just have a weird body shape, but this is the first small-bore rifle I've ever held that was comfortable from the get go. Of course, then I had to modify the stock to make it even more comfortable!

Of course, it's not a bolt action. Still something to think about, though.

Oh, and I can't recommend BKL Technology's scope rings highly enough. Very good stuff at super prices.

I have a 10/22 target model with a trigger job. It will shoot circles around most any bolt action 22s.

Groups the size of a penny at 100 yards with match ammo.

I just plunked some money down on a CZ 452 Ultra Lux. Snatched up two ten round magazines to go with it. I should have it in hands within a couple of days. I'm very excited. My first .22. :) I'll be spending lots 'o' time at the range in the coming weeks. ;)

I just plunked some money down on a CZ 452 Ultra Lux. Snatched up two ten round magazines to go with it. I should have it in hands within a couple of days. I'm very excited. My first .22. :) I'll be spending lots 'o' time at the range in the coming weeks. ;)

Let us know how that works out! What's the ultra lux vs. the regular? Is it regular?

Zero

browning bl-22 lever action.best 22 ive ever fired.:thumbup:
plus it can handle 22 shorts,for small pest control.

It's got a freakishly long barrel (28"+). Had to special order it. I almost settled for the Trainer which is probably just as good. I'll let you know. :)

Last edited:
The place that I bought it from is a hole in the wall. Chock full of some sweet blades. Benchmades, Microtechs, some silly SigArms knives. I had no idea of the selection they have. The owner is a good guy. First chance I've had to meet him. :) :) :D

I notice this discussion began last Summer with disparaging remarks about Savage .22s. Brother, things have changed. One platform that deserved exploration is Savage Mark IIs. I bought a Mark II FVT (target model) last Summer. Wow! The Accutrigger has to be experienced rather than described. My gun is also drilled and tapped for a scope base, but I've had too much fun shooting the receiver/globe irons. 20" bull barrel and light weight. Neat set up.

PC

I have one of those Ruger 10/22 rifles that everyone talks about,I even put on an aftermarket barrel and stock. It is very reliable but I am not impressed with the accuracy and if I had to live of what I killed I would pick my Remington 541T , its lighter ,more accurate and its pretty to look at.

I absolutely love my stainless Ruger 10/22! I would never hesitate to buy another(and probably will for the wife).

I'm partial to browning sa22. I got 2 and I love them both.

Takes down, pretty accurate, internal mag, excellent irons.

Back