Best carry-on bag??

Hey guys!
I am going to Nicaragua again this Saturday. (If air travel is going!) The missionaries need so much that I am going to have to fit a weeks worth of gear into my carry on and devote my checked bags to supplies. What is the best choice?? It must fit overhead and be good enough to last since we are about to move down there. ANy suggestions from you frequent flyers would be appreciated!

Check out Tumi bags - I am a regular air traveller and have used their expandable carry on for the past 8 years with no problems at all. (apart from buying it in the first place).

Regards,

Ed

Might not have to worry about carry on for a while. One rumor is that there will be no more carry on luggage allowed. Too easy to hide thing in the seams and hardware of the bag.

The TUMI was way out of my price range but a great piece! I found a place that gave me a huge discount on a Travel Pro Platinum II that is great. (A special thanks to Bentley Luggage that gives a big discount to missionaries!)

Blackhawk has a great "tactical nylon" range of "black bags" in all sizes and shapes. Highly recommended!

Hi Jason,

My wife and I have 4 Eddie Bauer duffle bags. Excellent qualtiy, simple, rugged, and attractive. Here's a link to their duffle bag page. They also have a line with wheels.

Jason,

If you decide to go with a Blackhawk bag, send me an e-mail. For a missionary, we'll drop the price to just about our cost.

There are many different case type and pack style bags to choose from, let me know what you are looking for and we can narrow it down to just the right one for you.

Dan

My Eagle Industries garment bag survived over 400 flights in the US and Central America. Most of those it was checked in. Some wear on zippers and buttons. That tells me their other stuff, like the med. padded cargo bag, would hold up exceptionally well.

I've had an L L Bean bag for at least 10 years.
I've averaged perhaps 1 trip per month.
It's the cordura duffle bag style, dark green with leather corner patches to prevent wear (also comes in many other nice colors). It has a zipped pouch on each end for shaving kits and the such, and a full length zipped pocket on each side for shoes, or longer items. It also has a small flat zippered pocket on the front side for tix and other thin paper type stuff. The main compartment opens from the top with a zipper that gives access to the whole area. Comes with a nice shoulder strap and leather handles that snap together to carry at your side. Best of all, it fits under all seats and in all overhead compartments. Plus, the L L Bean guarantee is the best in the business. The fact that it's inexpensive is just the icing on the cake.
Lenny

Jason

I will praying for your trip. Praise God, did i see mention that you are going to spread Gods word ?

Father i ask that you give your servant traveling mercies as
He helps to spread your word to the lost.

God bless

Back