1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Recommendation? Best dealers for no hassle longer term returns ?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by DocJD, Jul 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :) What are your best dealer /sellers for accepting returns , especially for defects that show up only with longer term use , e.g. 2 or 3 months ? :confused:

I'm NOT asking about manufacture / maker warranty service ! Just dealers , retail sellers .

2. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Why do you feel a dealer should accept a knife returned after a few months of use?

3. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    MAP :rolleyes:

Seriously , why do apparently feel that they shouldn't ? :confused:

4. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense.

ScooterG likes this.
  5. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Amazon :confused::thumbsdown::poop:o_O:confused::mad:;)

6. Murdamook

Murdamook Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Because a dealer has no clue what you may or may not have done to that blade within that timeframe. Have you seen the lock face on a frame or liner lock after a few months of use? You could be out there batoning with it and the dealer would never know. You could be prying with it or taking it apart and causing issues with reassembly.

benchwarmer380 and jeepin like this.
  7. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Why does it make no sense ? It's a very simple question . o_O

8. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    I'm talking about a clear case of a defective product . Not owner abuse or wear and tear .

9. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Yeah it makes little sense why a dealer would accept returns of heavily used products unless it’s like REI or something and a highly expanded return policy is part of a membership program.

Generally speaking, it makes crystal clear sense that if a product developed a problem after a protracted period of use you’d be dealing with a warranty claim, and thus with a manufacturer, not a dealer.

10. tyyreaun

tyyreaun Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2017
    AG Russell is supposed to have a very liberal policy.

Not sure we’re allowed to name dealers that don’t pay the site, tho.

DocJD likes this.
  11. jeffsenpai

jeffsenpai Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Just because what you are asking for, a legitimate defect that only occurs after several months of use is the exact reason why knife companies have warranties. It should not be a dealers job to take a worn out, beaten knife as a return. Not what you wanted to hear, but factory warranty, nonetheless, is what you describe and seek.

12. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    They are good for 30 days , assuming you have Prime and buy from one their warranted merchants .

After that , you're out of luck ! :(

13. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :) I totally disagree . But thanks for your input . ;)

14. halden.doerge

Aug 17, 2014
    You actually think dealers should be responsible for taking care of their previous customer’s warranty claims for them?

Well...good luck with that. I think your request for recommendations of dealers offering to do that for you will be nonexistent.

15. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    :(:confused::poop::rolleyes:

Everyone, please let me know which dealers are the easiest to take advantage of. Asking for a Doc.

16. halden.doerge

Aug 17, 2014
    We’re really getting a string of “interesting” stuff lately, aren’t we?

Rhinoknives1, palonej and ScooterG like this.
  17. jeffsenpai

jeffsenpai Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Ok, agree to disagree. To somewhat try to answer your question, I routinely shop at GPKnives and Knifecenter, and they usually are good at customer service. I haven't pushed their service that far though, so I cannot say much beyond that. Good luck in your search!

DocJD likes this.
  18. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    #youoweme

Grateful, palonej and halden.doerge like this.
  19. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    I've bought from both , with no complaints . Knifecenter went the extra mile for me on a special request ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

20. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    I already have such a "nonexistent "seller with 3 month returns and few conditions , but their selection is limited and are not a sponsor :(.

So , I know it's not really all that unreasonable . :rolleyes:

I was just trying to find some others , preferably sponsors. Is that somehow wrong ??? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.