• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Recommendation? Best dealers for no hassle longer term returns ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) What are your best dealer /sellers for accepting returns , especially for defects that show up only with longer term use , e.g. 2 or 3 months ? :confused:

I'm NOT asking about manufacture / maker warranty service ! Just dealers , retail sellers .

MAP :rolleyes:

Seriously , why do apparently feel that they shouldn't ? :confused:
Because a dealer has no clue what you may or may not have done to that blade within that timeframe. Have you seen the lock face on a frame or liner lock after a few months of use? You could be out there batoning with it and the dealer would never know. You could be prying with it or taking it apart and causing issues with reassembly.

Because a dealer has no clue what you may or may not have done to that blade within that timeframe. Have you seen the lock face on a frame or liner lock after a few months of use? You could be out there batoning with it and the dealer would never know. You could be prying with it or taking it apart and causing issues with reassembly.
I'm talking about a clear case of a defective product . Not owner abuse or wear and tear .

Yeah it makes little sense why a dealer would accept returns of heavily used products unless it’s like REI or something and a highly expanded return policy is part of a membership program.

Generally speaking, it makes crystal clear sense that if a product developed a problem after a protracted period of use you’d be dealing with a warranty claim, and thus with a manufacturer, not a dealer.

AG Russell is supposed to have a very liberal policy.

Not sure we’re allowed to name dealers that don’t pay the site, tho.

Why does it make no sense ? It's a very simple question . o_O

Just because what you are asking for, a legitimate defect that only occurs after several months of use is the exact reason why knife companies have warranties. It should not be a dealers job to take a worn out, beaten knife as a return. Not what you wanted to hear, but factory warranty, nonetheless, is what you describe and seek.

Just because what you are asking for, a legitimate defect that only occurs after several months of use is the exact reason why knife companies have warranties. It should not be a dealers job to take a worn out, beaten knife as a return. Not what you wanted to hear, but factory warranty, nonetheless, is what you describe and seek.
:) I totally disagree . But thanks for your input . ;)

You actually think dealers should be responsible for taking care of their previous customer’s warranty claims for them?

Well...good luck with that. I think your request for recommendations of dealers offering to do that for you will be nonexistent.

Ok, agree to disagree. To somewhat try to answer your question, I routinely shop at GPKnives and Knifecenter, and they usually are good at customer service. I haven't pushed their service that far though, so I cannot say much beyond that. Good luck in your search!

Ok, agree to disagree. To somewhat try to answer your question, I routinely shop at GPKnives and Knifecenter, and they usually are good at customer service. I haven't pushed their service that far though, so I cannot say much beyond that. Good luck in your search!
I've bought from both , with no complaints . Knifecenter went the extra mile for me on a special request ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You actually think dealers should be responsible for taking care of their previous customer’s warranty claims for them?

Well...good luck with that. I think your request for recommendations of dealers offering to do that for you will be nonexistent.
I already have such a "nonexistent "seller with 3 month returns and few conditions , but their selection is limited and are not a sponsor :(.

So , I know it's not really all that unreasonable . :rolleyes:

I was just trying to find some others , preferably sponsors. Is that somehow wrong ??? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back