Best Fiddleback for EDC?

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the forum and to Fiddleback Forge knives. I love their designs and materials, and recently purchased a Solo from DLT Trading that’s en route. I’m just wondering what you all consider the best or your favorite Fiddleback for edc? Like all my knives, I know I’ll end up with multiple models in the end.

I’m curious about this as well. I have a Sylvrfalcen on the way. I’m looking forward to seeing replies.

For years I carried an Esquire in a pocket sheath. Now I'm normally carrying two knives. Almost always a Bushboot on my belt and another edc sized model from the Fiddleback family of makers in my pocket. The Loner, Esquire, Sylvrfalcen, and Hiking Buddy all see pocket time. Along with a few others and some from Cohutta, OKT, and JBKnifeworks. There really is a lot of great choices.

Last edited:
I’d say it depends on your expected uses. In the city I usually have Esquire, Pocket Kephart or Sgian Dubh in my off time as I don’t expect any big cutting jobs.
At work I carry a knife with full size handle.
When out bush I’ll usually have the Monarch and scandi Esquire on me, along with a bigger bruiser like Busse or similar.
But one thing that I do with pretty much every knife I buy is to do some kitchen prep to familiarise myself with how it ‘works’... my Pocket Kephart as first ever job got to cut a 10 pounds piece of beef fillet into jerky...

I carry a runt mostly because it’s pretty inconspicuous in the pocket, handle contours, and has so many uses for a little knife. Good for small utility work and not intimidating at all. Just picked up a pocket kephart (killer handle material) to try for the first time but I don’t think it will replace the runt. Lots of opinions and Fiddleback blades out there. There have been some good responses to your type of question on this forum. Check this out if you haven’t already.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...r-my-main-edc-monarch-esquire-edc-ii.1573927/

I really like the Old School Karda as my in pocket EDC and my all-time favorite for the hip carry EDC, the Bushnub. Hopefully the mighty Bushnub will come out of retirement for an appearance or 2 soon (hint, hint)4752D31D-E92D-4E2F-8C5D-0B3FE15CD0A7.jpeg 7681F042-55BC-45B7-9FC4-8617DF26939B.jpeg

I've found that I prefer a little belly and a spear point ... where "edc" could be cutting a box and food on a plate. For my uses, the Bushnub and the Handyman are really versatile and would probably get my all around votes.

In this post, the Hiking Buddy (mentioned several times above) is on the far left and the Bushnub is 2nd from the right. The Lonestar on the far right is a pretty handy edc as well.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fiddleback-collections.1159392/page-75#post-19790495

Runt in terms of EDC as that would include work. I could use any of my Runts to cut an apple in the middle of an exec meeting with the majority of the team asking what it was and where I got it. The larger Fiddlebacks may have them wondering about my Northern upbringing and temper (i.e. Stab, Stab-Stab-Stab).

For EDC-work, Handyman, Hiking Buddy, with outdoors leaning towards Kephart or Duke.

Love my Pocket Kephart for EDC. I recently picked up a Pocket Ninja that is becoming very familiar in my pocket. I love the tip on the Ninja. For my weekend EDC I tend to always carry my Shaman. I feel like I can do just about anything with it. I have a Solo that is an amazing sized EDC. I just have not spent much time with it yet. Good luck!

I guess it comes down to the size of knife you're comfortable carrying and using. Figure that out then look at the models in that size. I'm not sure where you're located but maybe someone near you has some different models you could go and get your hands on. I'm in Nebraska.

Fiddleback has such a great range of EDC models - both in size and design - that I personally, have trouble picking a favorite from my lot. My rotation sees Pocket Kepharts, Pocket Ninjas, Bushboots, a Babyboot, an Esquire, a Pygmy, and a Sylverfalcon. Old School EDC Karda's are quite nice, too.

Again, they are all great for me and my needs/wants, but I guess I would give preference to a Bushboot in a hip sheath with a Pocket Ninja riding shotgun....in a pocket....Pocket Ninja's are really quite cool:
SxPzLY7h.jpg

Back