Best fighting trower

Even knives made for throwing are not indistructable. Tips wear down. They get dinged and scratched. Handles take a real beating and must be replaced eventually. Repeated throws will take its toll on that seal pup. The temper used to make it hold an edge makes the tip prone to breaking. The kraton handle will get loose and fall off exposing a stick tang, as apposed to full tang, making it hard to replace with a tougher one.Really every knife is designed for a particular purpose and should be used for that purpose. I have distroyed my share of knives not designed for throwing.

since this design is the same as the blazing arrow which I own the handle just doesn't have enough purchase, meaning it is too slim, too short, and the guard is not effective.

Ookami

What edison said.Ka-Bar! Have zero experience with the Rendevous although it could possibly fill the bill.If anyone has any ideas about a dual purpose knife that would work better than the Ka-Bar,please enlighten me. :)

There's something we have not mentionned yet. On a past thread (I starterd), I was asking myself if a throwing knife had the same sharpening angle than another knife, and the conclusion of the thread was NO. So I don't think a knife can be both a fighting knife and a throwing knife.

I have a PJ Tomes Throwing Bowie in a Kenny Rowe sheath. It is the only serious throwing knife I have that I would truly feel comfortable trying to use to kill a wild hog or deer with in the field. It is one massive, very sharp piece of steel that happens to be the best and easiest throwing knife I've ever used in a long history of beating up knives. If it weren't expensive, I'd have several made just like it.

I don't have a good way to post pics, but I have emailed a pic to each of you. Not a great pic, but the only one I have at present time.

Jagged, Yes you did and I thank you.WOW! That sure is nice,massive and it sure looks like an easy and practicable release handle.:thumbup: :D

Thanks for the pic Jeff. I have taken the liberty of posting it below. Beautiful knife.

Jagged's P.J.Tomes Throwing Bowie.
PJTomes_Throwing_Bowie5.jpg

Below is another Tomes Thrower I found on the web.
P.J_Tomes_throwing_knife3.jpg

It is my understanding that a lot of the McEvoy Bowie Axes went with soldiers to Viet Nam as fighting knives. The one below belongs to me and has never been thrown. They are still available brand new and still made by the McEvoy family.
bowie_axe3.jpg

Back