Best gear pouch with belt clip?

I'm looking around for a gear pouch with a nice, solid metal belt clip. Something into which you could toss the stuff that won't fit into your pockets, hitch to your belt in one smooth motion, and off you go. Any ideas or recommendations?

Clips are part of an evil conspiracy to make us lose our knives and thus have to replace them, putting more loot in the pockets of the clip installers. They also tend to ruin the feel of a decent handle.

"Over? Nothing's over until we say it is! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harrbor? Hell no, and it aint over now!"

I saw the Clip-Its at the Blade Show---they work pretty well, and come in two sizes. It converts a belt-loop item or a strap into a metal clip. Good suggestion!

Rip Off belt clip stuff has a great, strong clip that "locks in" over a lip on the inside bottom of the clip and stays very secure(it's hard to describe, but it works well)on a belt.It's also easy to release one handed when the time comes. I've been using one as a Star Tac cell phone holder and it keeps the phone nice and protected from the elements.

Depending on how big a pouch you need, materials quality, and the clip option, I've seen some pretty good stuff at Campmor.com, EMS, and REI, too.

Originally posted by Paul Work
Check this out... www.CLIPs-IT.com

Paul

I visited the website and tried to look at the order form, but got an error saying the file does not exist. That's a really bad error, especially for a web company. I emailed them about it, but never got a reply.

I just tried to place an order for the clips-it online but received an error. Has anyone been able to place an order for one of these?

Axel

Originally posted by Axel Yup
I just tried to place an order for the clips-it online but received an error. Has anyone been able to place an order for one of these?

Axel

I'm ordering the old-fashioned way, by snail-mail with a check. No web glitches or internal server errors that way. No credit card charges, either.

The Rip-Offs look nice in the catalog, but the one I got was terrible. Seems that a small part that keeps the metal clip in place on the back side came loose, so now the clip slides around and almost completely off, and even ripping the back of the pouch when trying to take it off my belt. Makes it pretty much useless. I think the problem is that the loose part is just a small metal bar that kind of snaps into place to hold the clip down, which certainly makes it easier to assemble at the factory, but doesn't hold up very good. It fell apart on me after about a week of use.

Craig,

Please let us know your opinion of the Clips-IT when you get yours. If it works well, I'll order it by snail mail since I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone by phone or email.

Axel

Originally posted by Axel Yup
Craig,

Please let us know your opinion of the Clips-IT when you get yours. If it works well, I'll order it by snail mail since I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone by phone or email.

Axel

I plan on ordering after payday. Between tuition and the credit card, it's a tight month.

Originally posted by cardimon

I visited the website and tried to look at the order form, but got an error saying the file does not exist. That's a really bad error, especially for a web company. I emailed them about it, but never got a reply.

Just tried to submit an online order as well (Sunday 9/9). It's been over a month and it's still broken. I e-mailed them as well.

Not a very good sign.

Mike

Originally posted by Michael_Aos
The CLIPs-IT order form is working again.

Mike

I simply ordered via snail mail. No problems. The clip is pretty cool, but doesn't seem to be as easy to slip on and off and they say. Or maybe I'm just clumsy. Grin.

Originally posted by cardimon
The clip is pretty cool, but doesn't seem to be as easy to slip on and off and they say. Or maybe I'm just clumsy. Grin.

Wish I'd known that before I just spent $13.50 on one (with shipping).

Guess I'll find out for myself before too long...

:(

Mike

Originally posted by Michael_Aos
Wish I'd known that before I just spent $13.50 on one (with shipping).

Mike

True, but as I said, it may very well be me. Let me know what you think. I'd be interested to know if I'm just being stupid.

Got my Clips-It today.

Wasn't sure what I'd use it for when I ordered it, so I stuck it on my nylon Buck Vanguard-R sheath.

So far, I like it. It looks like it belongs there, and it allows me to clip the sheath to my right-front jeans pocket (either "normal" pocket or watch-pocket) like a folder.

I like it.

Mike

Back