best lube for leatherman?

2012-11-11_15-59-13_461.jpg

Yes? No? Maybe so?

go for it. the main concern with using light penetrating lubes, like WD-40 is that they dry out, so if you need a lube there, you'll get wear.

any time you switch oils, there is a risk that you'll get a reaction and gum things up. SCIENCE!

(First Post!)

WD-40 is a lubricant but it is also a solvent and will tend to break down any existing oil on your equipment. If food contact is not a concern, try Fluid Film, a migrating non-solvent, lanolin based protective and lubricating liquid. A little on the end of a Q-Tip is all you need. It works.

Chris

I oil my knives. My multi tools collect too much crud, saw dust, etc. Lube grabs that stuff and wears down metal fast. Leatherman does a good job at smoothing out the tangs of their tools and locks, so nothing grinds or anything. I've never had a problem. I lube my pliers but that's it.

I am actually surprised no one has mentioned this yet... I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil. I've been using it on my firearms for years, and it works better than most gun oils. I also use it on my knives (never for a leatherman, though). If it's good enough for my cars, I don't see why it won't work on anything else... Never had a problem with it. Plus, 1 quart goes a LONG ways.

I am actually surprised no one has mentioned this yet... I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil. I've been using it on my firearms for years, and it works better than most gun oils. I also use it on my knives (never for a leatherman, though). If it's good enough for my cars, I don't see why it won't work on anything else... Never had a problem with it. Plus, 1 quart goes a LONG ways.

Why never for Leatherman?

Back