Best movie moment

What do YOU think the best movie moment is? The scene in a movie that has the most feeling and impact on you. The one that makes you say "that was f'n cool!" or "hell yeah1". Or the one when a lead good guy gets mowed down, or the bad guy gets sniped out. For me I'd say the scene in Die Hard (2?) when Bruce Willis' character is liening on the snowy runway at Dulles, and flipps his Zippo and throws it on the jet fuel stretch, and says "Yippe-ki-yay mutherf*cker". Or The roof/chase scene in the Untouchables when Elliot Ness throws Frank Nitti(?) off the roof after Nitti insults the death of Sean Connery's charcter. Or the scene in Uncommon Valor when the rescue team goes back home and the POWs are reunited with their families.

Whatever you think, reply...

Usual Suspects (my second favorite movie) when he finally puts it all together was awesome. Ditto the Untouchables (my all time favorite movie) scene when he tosses him off the roof. I gotta throw out the scene in Saving Private Ryan where they're fighting upstairs and Opham (sp?) is too scared to go up there and save his friend who gets killed rather slowly with a knife. That's a tough scene to watch (my wife hates it and can't watch that one scene), but it's very powerful nonetheless.

In seven samurai when the old samurai out to further his skill fights the young arrogant samurai and ends up killed when challenging him to a real duel...that moment has alot of meaning in it.

CENTURION:
Hail Caesar.

PILATE:
Hail.

CENTURION:
Only one survivor, sir.

PILATE:
Ah. Thwow him to the floor.

CENTURION:
What, sir?

PILATE:
Thwow him to the floor.

CENTURION:
Ah.
[whump]

BRIAN:
Aagh!

PILATE:
Hmm. Now, what is your name, Jew?

BRIAN:
'Brian', sir.

PILATE:
'Bwian', eh?

BRIAN:
No, no. 'Brian'.
[slap]
Aah!

PILATE:
Hoo hoo hoo ho. The little wascal has spiwit.

CENTURION:
Has what, sir?

PILATE:
Spiwit.

CENTURION:
Yes. He did, sir.

PILATE:
No, no. Spiwit, siw. Um, bwavado. A touch of dewwing-do.

CENTURION:
Oh. Ahh, about eleven, sir.

PILATE:
So, you dare to waid us.

BRIAN:
To what, sir?

PILATE:
Stwike him, Centuwion, vewy woughly!
[slap]

BRIAN:
Aaah!

CENTURION:
Oh, and, uh, throw him to the floor, sir?

PILATE:
What?

CENTURION:
Thwow him to the floor again, sir?

PILATE:
Oh, yes. Thwow him to the floor, please.

BRIAN:
Aah!
[whump]

PILATE:
Now, Jewish wapscallion.

BRIAN:
I'm not Jewish. I'm a Roman.

PILATE:
A Woman?

BRIAN:
No, no. Roman.
[slap]
Aah!

PILATE:
So, your father was a Woman. Who was he?

BRIAN:
He was a centurion in the Jerusalem Garrison.

PILATE:
Weally? What was his name?

BRIAN:
'Nortius Maximus'.

CENTURION:
Ahh, ha ha!

PILATE:
Centuwion, do we have anyone of that name in the gawwison?

CENTURION:
Well, no, sir.

PILATE:
Well, you sound vewy sure. Have you checked?

CENTURION:
Well, no, sir. Umm, I think it's a joke, sir,... like, uh, 'Sillius Soddus' or... 'Biggus Dickus', sir.

GUARD #4:
[chuckling]

PILATE:
What's so... funny about 'Biggus Dickus'?

CENTURION:
Well, it's a joke name, sir.

PILATE:
I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome called 'Biggus Dickus'.

GUARD #4:
[chuckling]

PILATE:
Silence! What is all this insolence? You will find yourself in gladiator school vewy quickly with wotten behaviour like that.

BRIAN:
Can I go now, sir?
[slap]
Aaah! Eh.

PILATE:
Wait till Biggus Dickus hears of this.

GUARD #4:
[chuckling]

PILATE:
Wight! Take him away!

CENTURION:
Oh, sir, he-- he only--

PILATE:
No, no. I want him fighting wabid, wild animals within a week.

CENTURION:
Yes, sir. Come on, you.

GUARD #4:
Ha ha haa ha, ha ha ha. Hooo hooo hoo hoo. Hoo hoo...

PILATE:
I will not have my fwiends widiculed by the common soldiewy. Anybody else feel like a little... giggle... when I mention my fwiend... Biggus...

GUARD #1:
[chuckling]

PILATE:
...Dickus?

GUARD #1:
[chuckling]

PILATE:
What about you? Do you find it... wisible... when I say the name...

'Biggus'...

GUARD #3:
[chuckle]

PILATE:
...'Dickus'?

GUARD #1 and GUARD #2:
[chuckling]

PILATE:
He has a wife, you know. You know what she's called? She's called... 'Incontinentia'. 'Incontinentia Buttocks'.

GUARDS:
[laughing]

PILATE:
Stop! What is all this?

GUARDS:
Ha, ha ha ha ha ha...

PILATE:
I've had enough of this wowdy webel sniggewing behaviour. Silence! Call yourselves Pwaetowian guards? You're not-- Seize him! Seize him! Blow your noses and seize him!

maximus otter

"The Sons of Katie Elder" George Kennedy is dunking the funeral director's head in a bucket of water, and John Wayne hits him in the face with an axe handle. It absolutely looked real and it looked like it really hurt.

True Grit.

Lucky Ned Pepper and his gang face to face with the lone Rooster Cogburn, Lucky Ned and crew at one end of a meadow, Rooster at the other. Classic show down. Lucky Ned yells across the meadow to Rooster and asks him what his intentions are, (since he is outnumbered.) Rooster responds:

"I aim to kill you in one minuted Ned, or see you hanged at Judge Parkers convienence." "Which will it be?"

Lucky Ned:
"I call that bold talk for a one eyed fat man!"

Rooster:
"Fill your hand you Son of a Bit@@!"

My favorite is in Mel Gibson's "We Were Soldiers" when he realizes the perimeter is collasping and calls a broken arrow

I kinda like in "Gone in 60 Seconds" where Nick Cage's character is getting whomped on outside the bar, and the next thing you see is Sphinx lighting a rag that's sticking out of the gangbanger's gas tank. .

The last moments of "Vanishing Point"
BJ scene in "Crying Game"
Last scene from "The Bedford Incident"

The part in "The Unforgiven" where Morgan Freeman shoots the guy down in the canyon, and critically wounds him. The poor guy is screaming for water, and his buddies are afraid to move out from cover. You just see this look on Freeman and Eastwood's faces. Then Eastwood yells down "Bring him some water, we ain't gonna shoot." I don't know why but to me it's a powerful scene that stood out among many powerful scenes in that movie.

In "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers."

The scene in the battle for Helm's Deep, where Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, King Theodan (et al) ride out of the keep over the bridge, through Saruman's Army. Aragorn looks up to the east into the first light of dawn, and sees Gandalf atop his horse, Shadowfax, glowing in the sunlight. Galdalf leads the Rohan Cavalry down the mountain side into the legions of Aruk Harai.

Recently...

The Lord of the Rings, RotK...

Witch King : You fool. No man can kill me. Die now.
Eowyn : I am no man.

Woops. The best spine-tingler moment in the books, and in the movies.

-j

I didn't know how I'd like a woman playing the part of M. I'm not sexist or anything, but M has always been a man. I decided, though, that I like the new M during the opening sequences of Tomorrow Never Dies.

Moneypenny: Don't ask.

M: Don't tell.

Admiral: Sometime, M, I don't think you have the balls for this job.

M: At least I don't have to think with them.

Admiral: What the h*** is your man doing?

M: His job.

She got a good one in during the openings of The World is Not Enough.

King (construction baron): So this is the man who recovered my money. You'd better be careful, M, I may try to steal him away from you.

007: Construction's not really my thing.

M: Quite the opposite, in fact.

For me it's startling moments such as:

The 6th Sense: When the wife drops Bruce Willis' character's wedding ring and you realize in one split second that he has been dead throughout the entire movie which makes you have to rethink everything you have been thinking for the last two hours.

Basic: When the Provost Marshall tracks John Travolta's character into their HQ and finds that everything to that point had been a "work" perpetrated to catch/kill the members of the drug ring. All of this is topped off by the revelation that Travolta's "disgraced DEA Agent" is in fact a full-bird Colonel working undercover.

The Searchers: When Ethan chases Debbie down and, instead of killing her as he has vowed to do, picks her up in his arm, holds her close and says "Let's go home Debbie".

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi:

Han: How are we doing kid?
Luke: Same as always.
Han: Ah, that bad huh..

Thunderball:
Woman: Just what kind of work do you do?
007: I'm a licensed troubleshooter.

Office Space:

"You know what I would do with a million dollars man? Two chicks at the same time."

TorzJohnson said:
The part in "The Unforgiven" where Morgan Freeman shoots the guy down in the canyon, and critically wounds him. The poor guy is screaming for water, and his buddies are afraid to move out from cover. You just see this look on Freeman and Eastwood's faces. Then Eastwood yells down "Bring him some water, we ain't gonna shoot." I don't know why but to me it's a powerful scene that stood out among many powerful scenes in that movie.
Top notch movie. That scene is terrific. Has one of the alltime great lines too.

Bill Munny: Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.
Bill Munny: We all got it comin', kid.

The 6th Sense: When the wife drops Bruce Willis' character wedding ring and you realize in one split second that he has been dead throughout the entire movie which makes you have to rethink everything you have been thinking for the last two hours.

Definatly a good one. The same with Fight Club

Back