Best multi-tool

alwilliam

BANNED
I'm will be purchasing a multi-tool and want to know, what is the most useful and the best quality that can be EDC,cost is not a factor in this ? Thanks for the info.

Try doing a search on here - there's been a load of discussions on this recently. Search for Leatherman, Swisstool, Gerber etc and you'll find what you're looking for.

You've just opened a HUGE can of worms!!!

You really should search because this has been debated MANT times before, there's a LOT of good info if you look for it.

My vote goes to the SwissTool X.

-John

Sorry,search is a excellent idea, I am new to the multi tool crowd,but I should have known its the same as the knife crowd with lots of opinions and info

SOG Deluxe Pocket PowerPlier...That's what I carry on a daily basis.

If weight or bulk is not a factor I highly recommend the Swisstool. I personally prefer the one with scissors in place of the serated blade.

If you want something a bit smaller and easier to lug around then the Leatherman Pulse is very nice as well. Not quite the same level of functionality or build quality, but the best of the mid-size multitools that I have used.

Gerber 600 or 800. The 600 is considerably lighter and a great EDC.

Originally posted by fishbulb
If weight or bulk is not a factor I highly recommend the Swisstool. I personally prefer the one with scissors in place of the serated blade.

If you want something a bit smaller and easier to lug around then the Leatherman Pulse is very nice as well. Not quite the same level of functionality or build quality, but the best of the mid-size multitools that I have used.

My experiences and yours are apparently the same. I carry a Swisstool everyday either in my blue jeans front pocket or, in a belt sheath with Dockers. FWIW, scissors are darn handy and I find I don't neet the scalloped blade anyway with the straight one in the tool.

you can't just have ONE multi tool...that just isn't enough...

you've got to have one for the wife, one for the car, one for the house, one for the garage, one for work...etc...

Originally posted by glockman99
SOG Deluxe Pocket PowerPlier...That's what I carry on a daily basis.

What he said.
Then put a leatherman micra in a kydex sheath on your keychain for discreet, "not upseting people who hate knives and even multi-tool" uses.

SOG PowerPlier is what I would recommend. The gear drive does come in handy. But what I carry everyday is a Leatherman Juice(Kf4), it hangs in my pocket beside my wallet.
Whatever you will carry everyday is what I would recommend also. I have 5 multi-tools myself. Stashed here and there. :)

Blades

Back