"Best of the best"

nozh2002

BANNED
Recently I tried "Jevel of Russia, special" - this is the best Vodka I ever have. Plus, reading small info paper I found out that each bottle hand-painted by artist in Russian traditional style - Palekh. In deed when I check bottle - pictture defenetly hand painted and also has signature of artist etc. Plus best vodka!

This inspire me to some photo setup best Russian Vodka with best American Knives (this is my entire collection of Busse BTW):

best-of-the-best-001.jpg

best-of-the-best-002.jpg

I also tried Canon EF50 1.4 - turn out it is pretty good lens.

Thanks, Vassili.

So how much is this stuff and how much of a hassel is it to get over to my neck of the woods(US)

Nothing in Virginia according to that site. Wonder if it's because of the state run alcohol stores vs. independantly run liqour stores...

The state run stores in WA stock all sorts of weird things and can order about anything. Try calling up one of the VA stores. You might be surprised (in a good way).

I don't drink vodka but your Busse's are very nice.

The color in the vase and the layout look great:thumbup:

But I would loose the lower front light. Or raise it... you won't get those nasty shadows in the background;)

No Fat Vassili?

I just tried Stoli, and it's pretty darn good vodka. +1 on the Russian stuff.

I don't drink vodka but your Busse's are very nice.

The color in the vase and the layout look great:thumbup:

But I would loose the lower front light. Or raise it... you won't get those nasty shadows in the background;)

rofyahoo.gif
rofyahoo.gif
rofyahoo.gif
rofyahoo.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! :p

Nice Pictures Vassili.:thumbup::thumbup:
Looks like you need a Steel Heart or FBM!
:D

No Fat Vassili?

I just tried Stoli, and it's pretty darn good vodka. +1 on the Russian stuff.

FatVassili was sold only once - I am waiting...

"Stolichnaya" is not Russian any more. :(

Here it is on B&M website.

http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.as...el+of+Russia&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All

It turns out to be illegal to sent any alkohol over UPS, FedEx, USPS etc if you do not have special license, but I guess B&M has it.

I am wondering how to deal with this plastic gadget on the bottle - I can not reuse it with this thing on top, but I am not throwing away this hand painted piece of art!

Thanks, Vassili.

I'll try. Shadows from left and right flashes are actually play well, adding some aggressive look, but front light shadows are ugly.

Thanks, Vassili.

Cool pix!! :thumbup::thumbup: Hmmm... Where can I get some of this vodka I wonder... :D

I don't care for the vodka, but the blades look nice! Great photos Vassili.

"Stolichnaya" is not Russian any more. :(

Strange that the bottle has "genuine Russian vodka" in script and "RUSSIAN VODKA" in giant capital letters.

The front of my bottle reads: "Distilled in Russia." The back of my bottle reads: "Stolichnaya is from Russia, the birthplace of great vodka."

Maybe I got an old batch. :p

Stolichnaya%20slide%20FKP.jpg

Strange that the bottle has "genuine Russian vodka" in script and "RUSSIAN VODKA" in giant capital letters.

The front of my bottle reads: "Distilled in Russia." The back of my bottle reads: "Stolichnaya is from Russia, the birthplace of great vodka."

Maybe I got an old batch. :p

Stolichnaya%20slide%20FKP.jpg

I did some investigation on the Internet, because someone told me that it is Latvian now, but I did not really check. Thanks to you I found that it was outdated information. Some years ago everybody was able to make vodka and call it Stolichnaya, but now SPI take over the brand and reestablishing quality.

However, they may be producing part of Stolichnaya in Latvian plant "Latvijas balzams". But they also may have it made on some Russian plants as well, including Moscow Kristall. So it may be different from bottle to bottle - one I checked in store has only mark "made from best Russian spirit" - so that one may be bottled in Latvia.

Originally Stolichnay (which mean vodka for capital of Russia) are from Moscow "Kristall" plant. The fact that I do not really know on which plant "Stolichnaya" was made stopping me from buying it - with Russian Vodka it is important to know which plant produce it.

Thanks, Vassili.

Back