Best oil for blade on Seal Team Elite

I'm wondering what the best general protective oil is for the blade on the TiNi Seal Team Elite.

I come across a lot of different opinions on oils, what what do you guys recommend? Mineral oil? Tuf-Glide?

I want something that protects well but ideally provides some lubrication on the blade for placing and removing it from the sheath to keep the coating from rubbing too much. Would Hoppes 9 Lubricating oil be good for this blade? Thanks!

It's an Aus8 blade with a TiNi coating so it doesn't "need" oil for corrosion protection. A clean wipe down with a damp cloth is sufficient after each use if frequent. Unless you plan on storing it for a long period in which case marine tuff cloth is ideal.
You can use mineral oil or just about any light oil as general protectant if you want but bear in mind
that your oiled blade will accumulate dirt that will then end up between your blade and sheath causing potential scratches.

Agree with Ken. Stainless steels do quite well with just cleaning and drying. I really like Hoppes 9 for a lot of things, but I have no intention of eating it. I don't put anything on a knife that I wouldn't eat. In regards to that, olive oil, or walnut oil work well to protect blades that do corrode. Boiled linseed oil sold at your hardware store isn't processed the way it was over a hundred years ago, and I wouldn't eat it. If you want to go that route get some flaxseed oil from your local health food store. Mineral oil is similar. I wouldn't feel comfortable using 3 in 1 oil, but there are mineral oils processed for consumption.

Back