Best Russian Vodka - pics

nozh2002

BANNED
Best russian vodka. I was so impressed by it so deside to run small photo session.

On the first place in my rating - "Jewel of Russia" - made in Chernogolovka. Actually traslation from Russian name suppose to be "Treasure of Russia"...

vodka-rs-06.jpg

vodka-rs-08.jpg

Second (and more affordable) - Russian Standard from ST.Petersburg.

vodka-rs-01.jpg

vodka-rs-03.jpg

I guess russian producer have some trouble because of new licenzing rules in Russia, so they start selling it abroad in good quantities, so it is awailable now here! I hope and wish they will continue to export it...

Thanks, Vassili.

FXCD0089.jpg

FXCD0088.jpg

Drink responsibly!

За ваше здоровье и благополучие!

maximus otter

I've heard good things about a couple of hard to find Russian vodkas -- one is called "Hunter's Vodka" and is flavoured with a variety of herbs and spices; another (supposedly superior) vodka is flavoured with some sort of paper.

Anyone got any info on this? Google hasn't been helpful.

Nozh--
are these grain vodkas? I find that I much prefer those to those made from potatos...

2 tyr_shadowblade

There are many different manufacturers in Russia now and with many types of vodka, I heard about "Okhotnichya" (Hanter vodka), but did no try it myself.

Second one with pepper is more like ukrainian - "Pertsovka", right now Nemirov making pretty good one and it available here (Nemirov also make pretty good vodka)

However this is not pure vodka but some flaivored. I prefer pure.

2 shaldag

The first one "Jewel of Russia" is made out of selected weat and spring water. This is authentic vodka, made as it suppose to be made as it was made for generations.

The other one "Russian Standard" made out of spirit with different flaiwor additives based on bread etc. Spirit must comply with certain standard. Most likely it should be made out of weat - but I do not know for sure.

"Potato vodka" is polish drink it is not really "Vodka", it may be good or bad but it is different animal. Like there is japanese rice vodka - Shochu, there is georgian grape vodke - Chacha (very good), there is bulgarian corn vodka - Rakia (very good), and there is polish potato vodka...

Thanks, Vassili.

Second one with pepper is more like ukrainian - "Pertsovka", right now Nemirov making pretty good one and it available here (Nemirov also make pretty good vodka)

I'm familiar with peppered vodkas from several sources -- this one was Russian, and flavored with some sort of PAPER. Sounded bizarre, but I heard that it was one of the best and most expensive of Russian vodkas.

I'm familiar with peppered vodkas from several sources -- this one was Russian, and flavored with some sort of PAPER. Sounded bizarre, but I heard that it was one of the best and most expensive of Russian vodkas.

It is not best or most expensive (Jewel of Russia is), just one variation which every household back in old Russia had.

In general in old days vodka was used in household pharmacy - different kind of verbs extracts were saved in vodka - like parfum now. Pepper vodka is not flavioured for flavor but more for anticeptic reasons I guess, like spicy food more and more populat to south - just because it preserve meat in warm enviroment. Instead of put spice in food you may have pertsovka after it - this is how it may be invented IMHO.

Some people take pertsovka with honey to deal with regular cold (never work for me, but sound like good reason to drink anyway).

Thanks, Vassili.

Back