Best steel for a user Paramilitary 2 edc?

You NEED one PM2 in a carbon tool steel for normal everyday use and one PM2 in a stainless for corrosive environments.

I still keep my first PM2, which is DLC s30v digicam G10. It is also my most carried/used folding knife (with Delica 4 as a close second). Currently it is the only PM2 that I still keep. I should probably have kept a 20CV PM2 and I do plan to pick up a K390 PM2 down the road.

M390,M4,S110V,Maxamet...
M390 being perfect for EDC.M4 is great too.I have GB1 in M4 and just keep the blade dry and clean after use.There is a slight patina but no rust at all.

I've heard the same thing about s35vn. How does it compare to S30V?
Hi, Lasador. Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

You are certainly welcome to resurrect as many "necro threads" as you would like, but if you are directing a question to someone specifically, it might be worth exploring when that person was last in the forum. In turn, that will give you an idea of the likelihood that the person will in fact see/answer your question.

In this case, the poster to whom you directed your question has not posted in this forum since last May. The original poster has not posted in the Spyderco forum for almost 3 years. I just point this out because I assume you really DO want an answer to your question. The other "problem" with a "necro thread" like this is that the original question posed in 2016 now has many more possible answers than there were way back then. In other words, the answers in this thread from 2016 may no longer be currently relevant.

I would encourage you to start a thread with your question if you are genuinely curious. You will find many very helpful and knowledgeable folks here who are all too willing to try to answer your question (as opposed to just one fellow who hasn't posted here in months). Or, as I said before, you can keep resurrecting old threads and hope for the best. YMMV.

Again, welcome. I hope you will post here more often. :)

Back