Best Windproof lighter?

I'm in the market for a new lighter, anyone have a recomendation? I'm not looking for a firestarter, just a good reliable lighter to enjoy a pipe in the woods.

Cheers.

Take a look at the windmill brand of torch lighters. Made from polycarbonate so they can take some punishment and they come in a variety of colors like orange in case you drop it.

I should have a solid brass lighter with CNC custom engraving in a week or so from Bil-Lit.

picresized_1224939506_s5300150.jpg

And thank you all for suggestions. I bought the Windmill Trekker in emergency orange.

I love Zippos and Bics, But I need a blowtorch style, butane-fueled, maintenance-free and waterproof.

the zippo pipe lighters work well. They have a hole in the side to light the pipe. kinda looks like the wind screen was shot with a 45....

<- not a pipe smoker, but can say that the windmill stormproof lighters have proven very reliable

I bought a Firestorm when they first came out and it has never failed to work. I like to carry it on a neck lanyard and just unscrew the lighter portion for use. Although mine has never been dunked, the O-rings appear to be fairly bombproof.

Jeff

Back