Bestech Swordfish

i just received this knife.
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Bestech-Knives-Swordfish-Liner-Lock--76816

Initial impressions are positive. Great fit and finish. D2. It’s about the size of an Endura but heavier. Milled out liners. Blade centered. Nice factory edge. Even grind. Smooth opening action. No blade play in any direction. G10 scales that are nicely finished.
High fidget factor (this is my first flipper).

I put this knife in the same category as a RAT 1. It’s a couple $$ more, but it appears to be a really great value knife.

i just received this knife.
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Bestech-Knives-Swordfish-Liner-Lock--76816

Initial impressions are positive. Great fit and finish. D2. It’s about the size of an Endura but heavier. Milled out liners. Blade centered. Nice factory edge. Even grind. Smooth opening action. No blade play in any direction. G10 scales that are nicely finished.
High fidget factor (this is my first flipper).

I put this knife in the same category as a RAT 1. It’s a couple $$ more, but it appears to be a really great value knife.

Nice knife! Bestech make some good stuff at excellent prices. I want the Goblin and the Kendo. And now the Swordfish.

Nice knife! Bestech make some good stuff at excellent prices. I want the Goblin and the Kendo. And now the Swordfish.
I have the swordfish, the Goblin and the Imp. I bought the Swordfish as my first Bestech. I wanted to test out Bestech and for less than $40 I planned on using it as a hard use and abuse knife and it's held up pretty well for a $35 knife. That being said, for my EDC rotation I have a strange love for very small blades which everyone else consider tiny (I consider my 556-1 Mini Grip as a large EDC. Yes, I'm that strange). I don't even have small hands. I have larger than average hands, but not big hands. Actually, my left hand is small because my left arm is paralyzed, but I digress. Anyway, I absolutely love the Goblin and the Imp. The ergos are actually very good in my opinion. I definitely think you should give the Goblin a try if you're still interested. I can't guarantee that you'll love it, but I think you'll be very surprised by it.

And
I have the swordfish, the Goblin and the Imp. I bought the Swordfish as my first Bestech. I wanted to test out Bestech and for less than $40 I planned on using it as a hard use and abuse knife and it's held up pretty well for a $35 knife. That being said, for my EDC rotation I have a strange love for very small blades which everyone else consider tiny (I consider my 556-1 Mini Grip as a large EDC. Yes, I'm that strange). I don't even have small hands. I have larger than average hands, but not big hands. Actually, my left hand is small because my left arm is paralyzed, but I digress. Anyway, I absolutely love the Goblin and the Imp. The ergos are actually very good in my opinion. I definitely think you should give the Goblin a try if you're still interested. I can't guarantee that you'll love it, but I think you'll be very surprised by it.
and I mean surprised in a good way

Thank you for your insight on those blades, doctor. Since that post I’ve acquired both the Kendo and Scimitar and they’re excellent knives—and not just for the price. I’ve taken both apart for cleaning/tinkering and I’m amazed at how well they’re made. From the F&F to the action. While I still haven’t pulled the trigger on the Swordfish or Goblin, they’re both on my short-list. So is a Hornet. I’ve been on a bit of a value knife craze lately after owning CRKs, Reates, etc., and it has been fun. Real Steel, Ruike and Steel Will also offer awesome blades—again, not just for the money. Just good stuff in general. I’ve been wholly impressed by a lot of the newer Chinese manufacturers.

Thank you for your insight on those blades, doctor. Since that post I’ve acquired both the Kendo and Scimitar and they’re excellent knives—and not just for the price. I’ve taken both apart for cleaning/tinkering and I’m amazed at how well they’re made. From the F&F to the action. While I still haven’t pulled the trigger on the Swordfish or Goblin, they’re both on my short-list. So is a Hornet. I’ve been on a bit of a value knife craze lately after owning CRKs, Reates, etc., and it has been fun. Real Steel, Ruike and Steel Will also offer awesome blades—again, not just for the money. Just good stuff in general. I’ve been wholly impressed by a lot of the newer Chinese manufacturers.
I completely agree with you. China has stepped up their game and now there are some very good Chinese knife producers/companies.

I had a Swordfish and it was a good knife. I agree that it is a great value like a RAT 1, but IMO the RAT 1 is more of a hard use/work knife. The Swordfish is a great flipper and a nice EDC knife.

Back