Better late than never

So I'm a little late to the Becker party. I've had a BK11 for a few years but recently a few models have caught my eye. One being the BK15. I saw it and thought, "that would be really handy when skinning and cutting up venison." Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was discontinued. I put out a line on the ESEE forum and a generous soul was willing to part with his that he had stripped and patina' d, which is exactly what I wanted to do to it.

Then the 17 caught my eye and I thought, "that would be perfect to strap to my plate carrier at work." Again, discontinued, and again, a generous sole was willing to depart with his. So in 1 week I've added these 2 to my collection and I couldn't be happier with them.

yKMlpf5
yKMlpf5.jpg

Nice addition - was brother was a little disappointed in the performance of the BK15 this weekend processing a doe and hog. I hyped up the BK15 too much.

Congrats man. The patina on the 17 looks sick.

Great job on da Patina as warrior has stated,
Dat Said see a few more Beckers in da Future
They would sit great on a 9

My entry in to Beckerdom was that BK2 I got...er first one, now have one with micarta handle and regular for different duties.

I was lucky enough to get a BK15 for $35 right when it was being discontinued. Tied with the 9 for my favorite Becker, fantastic knife.

Nice work man. That's a good looking rig.

Both are two of my favorite (and discontinued unfortunately) beckers. The trick ive found useful when funds permit, is anytime i hear about a becker being discontinued buy 2. One to use and one to keep as a safe queen and backup for the user. so far that has worked well for me for the 4, 5, 15, and 17.

The 15, my favorite Tweener, has a very useful shape which unfortunately is not a style of knife that folks seem to appreciate - hence its low sales and discontinued status.

What that says, it was we here at BF already know: that us Knife Knuts are a minority. In our universe, we think people are like us - even people that buy knives, but unfortunately such is not the case.

To me, the 15 is great at field dressing, skinning, food prep, food consumption (Steak Knife) all in a size, weight, price point package that makes it a winner to those in the know but sadly is lost upon the uninformed, uninitiated and other variants of lessers.

Last edited:
Great pair!!! ... I have to say though that my 15s and my 5s are a huge part of my food processing whether deer hogs or beef they are great knives for that ... I do have some others I use with them but would be hard pressed to find better options for the uses of my 15 & 5.

Back