Better than chisels, vicegrips,prybars......

Helped my friend move into his new house this weekend. Brought along my new Bura 14" villager...just in case:)

We started ripping up the Parkay(sp?) flooring in the living room because the previous owner had let her doggies use it as a urinal:barf: Anyway we got to one square of the stuff that had his cable tv cable embedded in it. This stuff was like plywood with multiple layers and grain running every which way. Well I don't have to tell any of you guys who have tried to cut plywood with a khuk, but for those of you who don't know..they EAT the stuff for breakfast:D

So I stood back and waited while they tried to hammer a dull chisel into it--no luck. Then tried to break off pieces with vice grip type pliers--no luck. Then hammered the hell out of it with a prybar and hammer--same deal.

So I stepped up with my khuk--(to disbelieving expressions on their faces I might add) and three chops later the cable was free. I said
"NOW you see what I'm talking about!!" and I added "and this is just a BABY sized one!"

Best damn all a round tool there is. Period.

Oh, I also cut some forsythia bushes, linoleum, and drywall:)

It slices, it dices, just look at that tomato. Somebody should do a Ginsu-type commercial with a few khukuris. It would all be real and still just as outragous.

-Cliff

But does it make julienne potatoes

:D

We started ripping up the Parkay(sp?) flooring in the living room because the previous owner had let her doggies use it as a urinal

Oh Sure, but not until I give it a SERIOUS cleaning;)

Originally posted by MauiRob
Helped my friend move into his new house this weekend. Brought along my new Bura 14" villager...just in case:)

We started ripping up the Parkay(sp?) flooring in the living room ......
So I stepped up with my khuk--(to disbelieving expressions on their faces I might add) and three chops later the cable was free. I said
"NOW you see what I'm talking about!!" and I added "and this is just a BABY sized one!"

Best damn all a round tool there is. Period.

Oh, I also cut some forsythia bushes, linoleum, and drywall:)

Uwinv, it is "Parquet.":p :rolleyes:

Since you were good enough to share your tip about clicking on a new window when surfing the forums I will let you in on one of mine for spelling checks.
Simply go to your e-mail and click on "create mail" then type the word in question in the message field and then hit spellcheck.
Saves time by not having to look it up in the dictionary and that can be damn nigh impossible if you don't know how to spell it in the 1st place.
I just happened to know this word as I love parquet floors!!!!;)
But not any that has dog pee all over them, allowed to set long enough it will darken and warp any wood flooring.

Back