• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Beware of Jeremy Swisher aka j-swish16, jamesjones, & JKnight1. Misrepresented condition of knife - painful transaction and ordeal.

And yes I forgot it slipped my mind. I guess I’m the only one who makes mistakes. However. When I got his email today I promptly replied sayin the PayPal of the $20 was kicking back and for him to send me a Venmo or something else. He fails to mention I offered him a free knife when this all started to try to make it right. I have never dodged him or hid anything

Transparency: Yes Jeremy did offer me a free knife which i politely declined. Mentioning the free knife was not relevant to the conversation since we subsequently agreed on a dollar figure.

My advise would be for the 2 of you to quickly settle this. Thread chatter between you 2 is not going to help. OP wants a refund, so give it to him and be done with this.
I believe normal procedure would be for the OP to send the knife back, then get the refund. If you are worried about the honesty of the seller do the whole process through a PP claim

Last edited:
A person couldn't take the knife out of the box to photograph without noticing the damage.

A reasonable person would inspect an item they're describing \ selling.

The OP should return the knife for a refund. You'll have to return the knife first to get that refund.

This should all be done through the PP Claim Process.

If the damage really wasn't noticed and you're being honest in your explanation- Accept the knife back, issue a refund, ask for the negative to be removed and move on.

Thank you everyone for the input. It is much appreciated.

With all due respect, after seeing what has transpired, if you were me and in my shoes, would you send the knife back to j-swish16 and honestly believe j-swish16 would issue me a refund? Returning the knife prior to the refund does not seem to be a reasonable course of action.

With all due respect, after seeing what has transpired, if you were me and in my shoes, would you send the knife back to j-swish16 and honestly believe j-swish16 would issue me a refund? Returning the knife prior to the refund does not seem to be a reasonable course of action.

This is why you would do it through a PP claim. May be add signature request and photo document all. Once you have proof of delivery PP will step in if the refund isn't made.
Of course if the seller would prefer not to have a PP claim , he could always refund 1st.

No. It’s become a shitstorm because you listed a dented and dinged up knife as NIB.

Another turd for the ignore list.:poop:
Speaking on things you don’t know anything about. Ever stop to consider this guy is full of shit ? But that’s fine. I said I would refund so why are you still talking.

At your original purchase price of $125, you could probably sell it as "used", photograph the corners, and recoup most of your funds. Someone will want it as a user.

This is why you would do it through a PP claim. May be add signature request and photo document all. Once you have proof of delivery PP will step in if the refund isn't made.
Of course if the seller would prefer not to have a PP claim , he could always refund 1st.

IMG_7525.PNGThe customer put in a request/offer with PayPal to get a refund AND KEEP the knife. But I’m the asshole here. I have posted that I approved a refund upon delivery of item to me through PayPal.

View attachment 1629359The customer put in a request/offer with PayPal to get a refund AND KEEP the knife. But I’m the asshole here. I have posted that I approved a refund upon delivery of item to me through PayPal.

Full transparency: I did submit a request through paypal for a refund and to return the knife. At no point did I request a refund and to keep the knife (although I did request an extra $10 to cover my shipping costs).

This is cut and paste from what I sent to paypal (pretty similar to the language in my first post that started this thread):

"Seller misrepresented condition of knife and still owes a refund. On August 18, j-swish16 offered up for sale a silver Boker Pro-tech Kwaiken for $125. Advertised it as brand new in box “BNIB.” I agreed to purchase on August 18 and immediately sent payment via paypal (within 15 minutes or so). The Boker arrived August 23 and it is most definitely not new. There are dings in 4 different corners of the handle. You can see the attached pics below for reference. I reached out to j-swish16 about the condition of the knife and we negotiated a partial refund of $20 on August 23. Aug 24 I reach out about the status of the refund. Instead of refunding me with Paypal, he is waiting for his debit card to get reissued so he can Venmo me and expected the card to arrive Aug 25. I also offered for him to refund me in full and I would return the knife. He did not respond to that. Today is Aug 28 and there is still no refund (not partial nor full). I have heard nothing further from seller. I am requesting to return the knife to the seller for a full refund of $125.00 plus an additional $10 for shipping the knife back to seller."

Full transparency: I did submit a request through paypal for a refund and to return the knife. At no point did I request a refund and to keep the knife (although I did request an extra $10 to cover my shipping costs).

This is cut and paste from what I sent to paypal (pretty similar to the language in my first post that started this thread):

"Seller misrepresented condition of knife and still owes a refund. On August 18, j-swish16 offered up for sale a silver Boker Pro-tech Kwaiken for $125. Advertised it as brand new in box “BNIB.” I agreed to purchase on August 18 and immediately sent payment via paypal (within 15 minutes or so). The Boker arrived August 23 and it is most definitely not new. There are dings in 4 different corners of the handle. You can see the attached pics below for reference. I reached out to j-swish16 about the condition of the knife and we negotiated a partial refund of $20 on August 23. Aug 24 I reach out about the status of the refund. Instead of refunding me with Paypal, he is waiting for his debit card to get reissued so he can Venmo me and expected the card to arrive Aug 25. I also offered for him to refund me in full and I would return the knife. He did not respond to that. Today is Aug 28 and there is still no refund (not partial nor full). I have heard nothing further from seller. I am requesting to return the knife to the seller for a full refund of $125.00 plus an additional $10 for shipping the knife back to seller."
I already responded with your request as the screenshot I posted from PayPal shows. They will hold the funds until you deliver the knife to me. Which obviously is the fair way for everyone.

I accepted sellers full refund offer on Paypal. Knife will be returned to seller.

I want to thank everyone for the guidance with Paypal.

Related side note: This is the first time I have ever had to return a knife or have been involved in an ordeal like this. If anyone has advice on how to keep situations like this from happening in the future I am open to the feedback (and please don't say, "don't buy knives on forums"). To me, when someone posts an item for sale as BNIB it sort of feels inappropriate to ask for close up pics.

Neal

Back