Beware of scammers

Friendly reminder. Watch out for scammers of any sort.

Mine was initiated through IG, wanting to buy my recent production. Exchanged some details, and the seller said HE had already sent money. I checked my app and no funds. He said to check my email, in which there is a reasonably well crafted pending funds message, but sent from Gmail, not the financial app .com. There was the red flag. Did some research, and definitely a scam. No harm on my end, just a few minutes of my life wasted. All reported and blocked and deleted... Moving on.

Friendly reminder. Watch out for scammers of any sort.

Mine was initiated through IG, wanting to buy my recent production. Exchanged some details, and the seller said HE had already sent money. I checked my app and no funds. He said to check my email, in which there is a reasonably well crafted pending funds message, but sent from Gmail, not the financial app .com. There was the red flag. Did some research, and definitely a scam. No harm on my end, just a few minutes of my life wasted. All reported and blocked and deleted... Moving on.
I had something very similar to this a few months back on my Instagram account. I was really excited at first because it would have been my first sale. Then the GMail and other factors convinced me otherwise.

I hate scammers.

I’ve noticed those scammers always want to know where you’re located and then they say they’re in California. Every scammer that’s contacted me claims they’re in California.

I like to waste as much of their time as I can.

I’ve noticed those scammers always want to know where you’re located and then they say they’re in California. Every scammer that’s contacted me claims they’re in California.

I like to waste as much of their time as I can.
Of course they all come from Cali ... no offense to any Californians here ...

The California thing is likely the same as eBay sellers that are clearly a Chinese company saying the product ships from California. It is where they register their account to have a US address.

Last edited:
I've had a few of those.
They take a random pic from your instagram, ask if they can buy it and ask your PayPal account.
If you ask theirs so you can send the invoice they have a lot of different excuses.
They want your PayPal account.

From what I've read they want to send payment, have you mail the knife, claim it never arrived and get the payment back leaving you with no knife and no money.

I had something similar just this morning, funny enough. IG message saying he’d been following my posts and really loved my work and wanted to know if it was still for sale. Considering I haven’t posted on IG in 9 months and I’ve never sold any knives, I was pretty skeptical. Add in the fact it was an account with no posts that wasn’t even actually following me, and it was an easy decision to just report and block the account.

I've had a few of those.
They take a random pic from your instagram, ask if they can buy it and ask your PayPal account.
If you ask theirs so you can send the invoice they have a lot of different excuses.
They want your PayPal account.

From what I've read they want to send payment, have you mail the knife, claim it never arrived and get the payment back leaving you with no knife and no money.
They usually never ask for specs on the knife and usually never care about how expensive it is. I got one guy to finally give me their email so I could invoice them and they still tried to pull the scam. Same person wanted all 3 knives I had posted and just so happened to be in the same state as me but they were from CA and would send a private courier to pick up the knives.

Back