BF blue Native? Where can I get one?

I love the look. What do they go for and where can I get one?

I heard they came with a sheath?

AC, best place to look is the For Sale Forum. They come up there from time to time. There were only 700 made, 200 for collectors, 300 for BladeForums and the last 200 (without engraving) went out through distributors. Some were sold with a River City neck sheath. Hope this helps.

------------------
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Ac 23, in addition to checking the "For Sale
Forum", you can post in the "Knives Wanted to Buy Forum." I think that is how Flood found his Bladeforum Natives.

AC_23,

I agree. Try a post in the Wanted to Buy forum. That's how I got a BF Native.

I wound up selling it though. Great knife...I just couldn't bring myself to use it. With the laser etching and the Blue G10, I didn't want to spoil it. Finally, it had to go. My policy is: If I don't actually carry it and use it, then I don't need it. As you can tell, I'm resisting the temptation to cross that fine line from "knife afficianado" to "knife collector." That doesn't stop me from having a dozen or so Spydies that I carry and use.

All that being said, I can't wait for the black G10 Natives to make their way out.

------------------
Guyon
AKTI Member #A001044

"The hardest knife ill used doth lose his edge."
-William Shakespeare, Sonnet 95

[This message has been edited by Guyon (edited 11-03-2000).]

I agree with all responses. That's how I got my 2 BF Natives.

I have to agree with what Guyon specifically said. It's hard to use such a beautiful piece. I was hard-pressed to use it, until the person who sold me the first one offered to sell me his other one. I jumped at the chance, and now I have a worker and a collectible. He sold me both with a Mike Sastre River City Neck sheath and two steel clips, to replace the painted blue clips that come with the knives. You might want to replace those clips, since they get worn from use with the neck sheath and your pocket. You can get them through SFO (Spyderco Factory Outlet).

I definitely intend to frame this knife, along with the new G-10 sprint Native that just came out, eventually also a steel Native, and maybe I'll even throw and additional FRN into the frame.
wink.gif

Good luck in your search for the BF Native. It's definitely worth having.

-Flood

I carry and use my BF Native everyday. Of course I have one to 'show' too!
wink.gif
The laser etching has held up fine. Only really deep scratches would blemish it since it is engraving. It is IN the metal and not ON it like silkscreening would be. The blue clip only shows the slightest amount of wear around the edges. The G-10 cleans up nicely with sopa, water and a hand brush. Perfect size, great steel and unique!

Ben

------------------
"If you're upside down and burning, you probably went too fast."

Price wise or wise guys?
smile.gif

They have been posted for anywhere from $100 to $115.

L8r,
Nakano

Back