BFK - Cruwear Thread

Isn't UPS having a strike going on now? Could be the newbies....

Yeah, what trevitrace trevitrace said. Good thing for all of us to have on the radar with placing orders in the coming weeks.

On my end at least, it's been USPS and Fed-Ex lately - packages taking all sorts of inexpelicable detours, sitting in one location for days on end, delivery dates being wrong, etc.

Yeah, what trevitrace trevitrace said. Good thing for all of us to have on the radar with placing orders in the coming weeks.

On my end at least, it's been USPS and Fed-Ex lately - packages taking all sorts of inexpelicable detours, sitting in one location for days on end, delivery dates being wrong, etc.
We need a CPK version of Grubhub. Carothhub™ (Local, State, International)

We are interviewing interstate drivers now. ( Retired UPS Driver Retired UPS Driver , I'm looking at you, bro'.)

You need to be C.O.C.K blocked. Just sayin'.

🤣 🍻

iu

My contribution to this thread, a ghetto grind BFK in CW which rolled off the UPS truck a bit earlier on this eve. Many thanks to my compadre and my mentor Fonedork Fonedork for the great assist (his penultimate proxy ever!) Jo as always did me a solid one by hooking me up with all the purdy accessories.

I can't believe that they all would do me like this!

View attachment 2258725
Is this what was meant by the “ketchup scales” Nathan was talking about in the Next Sale post from last Friday’s (7/14/2023) sale?

Isn't UPS having a strike going on now? Could be the newbies....

If a strike does take place, it would happen at 12:01am August 1.

Many shippers this week are already diverting their packages to FedX and USPS.

FedX is already capping how much extra packages they will pickup from new customers (Current UPS Shippers) that do not already have an existing shipping contract in place with them (FedX)).

On the night of July 31, any route that couldn’t be finished by 12:01am August 1 will be held back at the shop and not be sent out. UPS and the drivers too do not want to be stranded away from home or the shop.

Planes will not take off with Next Day and 2nd Day packages July 31, unless they can land and taxi by 12:01am Aug 1.

Existing trailers that are already on rail cars will continue to their destination, however the trailers will not be picked up from the rail yards past 12:01am Aug 1 if a strike occurs.

In past years UPS & the Teamsters have agreed to continue working beyond the Aug 1 contract deadline as long as the Teamsters believe that UPS is still bargaining in good faith and negotiations are ongoing.

Also in years past, a long long time ago, we wouldn’t get our (August 1, always) contract settled until mid December. We would just keep right on working, no big deal. End up with a full back pay paycheck and usually a signing bonus too, just in time for Christmas, everyone was happy.

Even a 1 day strike results in an unbelievable accumulation and domino pile of work that’s harder to catch up with than any Christmas time busy season. Not to mention absolutely crushing any and all customer confidence in UPS.

Some workers will cross the strike line as UPS will almost immediately threaten to terminate health insurance. That alone creates an enormous amount of peer pressure vs your families health circumstances at the time.

These internal conflicts bring with it animosity and entire career shunning among both employees and management.

It’s a true no win situation for all involved and including the innocent bystanders and customers too.

Both sides always lose in the long run. Both sides will never recoup the monetary value lost over a strike, let alone the long term physical and emotional effects of a strike on our customer base, along with the future decisions they will make about and with UPS.

To add insult to injury, once you retire, you are no longer even allowed to vote on the contract. We have zero votes in what’s being negotiated and later agreed upon on our health and welfare retirement package. Retirees are the first to get cut back on benefits every time the contract comes due.

A strike would totally blow, praying it doesn’t happen 🙏

My contribution to this thread, a ghetto grind BFK in CW which rolled off the UPS truck a bit earlier on this eve. Many thanks to my compadre and my mentor Fonedork Fonedork for the great assist (his penultimate proxy ever!) Jo as always did me a solid one by hooking me up with all the purdy accessories.

I can't believe that they all would do me like this!

View attachment 2258725
Well I’m another one that is in line to pour praise on Eric ( Fonedork Fonedork ). He did me more than a solid for allowing me to take over his order. of course he ordered a hollow grind cruwear with FK2 scales, boy does this guy know his stuff! I don’t think that I could have asked for a better blade. While I’m at it although it might not continue in the same way I want to give a shout out to Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist for her excellent packing and shipping of all the fine tools that the knuckle draggers have a hand in producing. Nathan and Mark, if you don’t know this already you guys are my hero’s, the blades you are producing are well thought out and executed with that no bs stand behind promise that you will take care of any accidents that may occur. Thank all of you for giving us your best!

Back