BG Hell Razor vs. INFI

Here's a cold blued Competition Grade (2007?) Special Edition, the new BG, and an original CG:

It's not just an illusion created by the CBT; the BG really is bigger.

Last edited:
Well, the INFI.... it's INFI. But I gotta say, I can't think I could be much happier with a knife than I am with my BGHR(s). Either of them. One just like the one shown here in the OP, and one red/black G10 on black. It just works for me. And I personally prefer the butt of the BG to those on the INFI version. But INFI.... it's INFI! So, any HR, of any vintage, would be a keeper, in my book.

I have a 2014 Knob Creek HR w/ Magnum G10 scales, and it weighs in at a whopping 20 oz. Funny thing is, it's only 3/16ths stock... those G10 slabs are hefty. ***correction to original post... not 20 oz, that was a mistake--rather, nearly 17 oz***

Last edited:
Nice line up! Yeah, they're around 1/4 in longer I think.

Wow! Good to know this! I was about to make a few BG HR sheaths. That would have been a disaster!

Now got me wondering if the BG SFNO is different?

CBT has, in general, never been my thing, but I aways thought that 2008 hellrazor with cbt and comp finish was the exception. It was a thing of beauty.

Wow! Good to know this! I was about to make a few BG HR sheaths. That would have been a disaster!

I think there is another, similar thread with the SFNO and the BG is different.

Yeah, the bg sfno is longer too by about the same...at least mine is.

The more I look at it the more that damn HR is growing on me. I might have to pick one up some day.

The more I look at it the more that damn HR is growing on me. I might have to pick one up some day.

I own many many Busse/Bussekin blades the Hell Razor is definitely among my favorites. I would describe it as a minimalist's Jack of all trades knife. At around 15 oz and given the overall knife length, it can do a lot. Obviously it's not a monster chopper -- but if you pair this knife with a Silky Gomboy folding saw and a nice neck knife (like the Scapivore CG) --- you'll be set.

I ordered the BG HR because the price was right. I didn't realize how much I would like it. More and more, I'm thinking for a medium, general purpose blade, 7/32" stock is where it's at.

I ordered the BG HR because the price was right. I didn't realize how much I would like it. More and more, I'm thinking for a medium, general purpose blade, 7/32" stock is where it's at.

I like this thickness on my B8 as well as the BGHR. It's nice to have middle ground between .187" and .25".

I haven't had a chance to do much with the HR yet, but it feels absolutely fantastic in hand. The scale thickness, contouring, and overall heft are excellent.

Back