Big bad Mecha'chete

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello everyone,

Here is a pretty hefty machete, made of 4al 2.5v 1.5fe titanium armor plate alloy (grade 38). It was forged pretty closely to this final shape and is a bit cosmetically rough. The colors from heat treatment were preserved, leaving a hard, slippery surface coating on the blade.

It's about 13 ounces, and 24" in total length. Toward the tip end of the blade, the grind is convex and slightly elliptical.

This is a mean machete, with a steep distal thickness taper. This thing should be a real pleasure to use in the woods or back 40.

Thanks for looking!

Stq2I7v.jpg

dpSen60.jpg

iz9X2rN.jpg

QQo9ujj.jpg

6Vm2TSv.jpg

1ch4Gsu.jpg

us32HvH.jpg

You should come to the Beckerhead gathering next weekend in Noti and bring all your cool toys so we can take a look :D

Thanks much everyone

That looks like fun.

It is fun. A lot of fun! Encroaching branches on the trail become enemy ninjas. Toppled, tangled birch trees are phalanxes of opposing samurai, which must be confronted and cleared with your trusty titanium sword. :D

I love machete work.

One of the problems with getting injured or generally beat up through the hard work of life, is that it can take a lot of the fun out of something like using a machete. The lighter weight and easy "feel" of the long ti blades (especially one with a thickness taper), can make something painful into a real pleasure again.

You should come to the Beckerhead gathering next weekend in Noti and bring all your cool toys so we can take a look :D

What's Noti?

Oh man do I wanna swing that thing around all day. I love the way you shape the tip of your blades

Back