Big Black Drum Near Red Dot Pier Corpus Christi Tx

I started my YouTube Channel 4 years ago by uploading a video of a big black drum i caught from my kayak in the Lower Laguna Madre in Corpus Christi Texas. Well fishing the same spot 4 years and 2,000,000 YouTube views later i caught another nice big black drum and wanted to share it with yall, the spot im fishing is about 1/2 miles from Cos-Ways and Red Dot Pier i was fishing live shrimp on 10 pound braid on 3 rods in deeper water.

A huge thank you to the fishing community and YouTube viewers for the 2,000,000 views and the 3000 subscribers i appreciate each and every one of you, i will do my best to bring the best footage possible to YouTube from the wildest parts of the trinity river as i guide for monster Alligator Gar from both kayak and boat during 2016
[video=youtube;XKNHH4lNeMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKNHH4lNeMc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

knives used on this trip were
Bark River Bravo Knecker as my edc
Mora companion, and cold steel roach belly as bait knives

I've always wanted to fish for gar on the Trinity. I've only been able to land a couple 50lb alligator gar here, but seen those 100lb+ surface like the lochness monster.

While the redfish seem to get all the attention man black drum sure put up one heck of a fight on light tackle.

Back