big blade

I have always wanted a maxx. It ranks high on my wish list. I have a Pentagon II. The PII is almost as big as the Maxx but half the price. Big folder fans really need to check out the PII, It might be second best, but it is still leading the pack.

I have a regular PE and can see where the PEII might lead the pack. How many other 'mega-folders' have an arc-lock? Of course, there's a lot to be said for a titanium framelock handle and D2 or S30V for the Maxx folders. Now if only SOG and Cold Steel could collaborate and make a Vaquero Grande with an arc-lock....

I would be happy with a Vaquero Grande with a plain edge. The lockback works fine for me. But the Maxx is the best of all of them.

I'd really like to see Spyderco come out with their version of (my) Cold Steel Vaquero Grande...Full Spyder-edge, G-10 scales with dual stainless liners, VG-10 steel, ambidextrious pocket-clip, Spyder-hole.

...Now, THAT would be a KNIFE!

Glockman99,

You're a bad, bad man. Now I have another in the list of 'dream folders'. Don't know if I'd want VG-10 in a blade that large, though. I hate to act like a non-knifeknut, but I think that AUS-8A is the ideal stainless for a folder of that size undergoing the abuse it would go through. S30V if it's meant as a defensive carry.

Edited to add:
A fully-serrated Chinook II might make a good substitute for a dream El Hombre, though.

Back