Big Fitch

Ozark Camp Knife

A big 'un - forged 1084, and a lot of it :D

fitch1.jpg

Awesome looking Fitch! and what a great looking sheath,is it a Kenny Rowe.Give us a few more specs. to drool over.

Now THAT's a KNIFE!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind putting that one through its paces!!

Neil

Congratulations Wulf!
I know you are happy with that knife in form and function. John refuses to make them any other way.

Thanks for the kind comments, all. I meant to post some specs last night when I put this up but something came up and I had to run...

Anyway, the blade starts out at 3/16" thick and runs 10"+ to the tip. It's got a nice distal taper and is exceptionally well balanced for such a big knife. Unfortunately you can't make out the temper line in the pic, but you can definately see it in the right light (it runs a little more than half way up from the cutting edge). The handle is actually a stabilized maple, and it looks even better in person - awesome colors! The guard is nickel silver and the pin and thong hole liner are a stainless steel.

The sheath? Of course it's a Kenny Rowe sheath! :) This one's called a swing sheath, and it's perfect for such a large knife. You simply tie it down and go - the swinger allows the knife to move with you as you walk, climb, or run. It's a heavy duty sheath, no doubt, and the tooling is quite decorative.

An excellent package overall.

Hmmm... I wonder if they'll notice if I carry this one onboard my flight to San Diego tomorrow...

Thanks for the picture....really nice piece...what's the handle material if you have time to respond???

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

A truly beautiful knife. It makes you want to just pick it up and start cutting on something. Hand forged blades with a visible temper line...to me, the most ultimate representation of the bladesmith's art.

Back