Big Giant Swords

I watched it and actually enjoyed it too. They have to add a little drama here and there but its Irish Mike's slightly weird and dry humor that I like. I do disagree with the misinformation about the forging, plasma cutting,temper fiasco and the little lady "Blacksmith" in the muscle shirt getting her little arms burned, cracked me up.
I'll watch it again, heck there aint nothing else any better on.

I wonder what kind of drugs that chick is on. a wee bit on the frail side.... Maybe a long sleeve shirt would help keep her arms from being burnt:rolleyes:

I wonder what kind of drugs that chick is on. a wee bit on the frail side.... Maybe a long sleeve shirt would help keep her arms from being burnt:rolleyes:

She's OK.

I used to spend a lot of time at the Metal Museum in Memphis TN, there were dozens of blacksmith chicks that looked just like her. Several art schools turn out artist blacksmiths and seems to be pretty popular with the young ladies.

I'm glad some of you other guys caught the "temper" issue with plasma cutting and setting the stuff on fire. I wonder what steel he uses. I did hear him say that it comes hardened and tempered already.

She's OK.

I used to spend a lot of time at the Metal Museum in Memphis TN, there were dozens of blacksmith chicks that looked just like her. Several art schools turn out artist blacksmiths and seems to be pretty popular with the young ladies.

Her and the farmboy John seem to be the most level-headed people on the whole show. I have absolutely no problem encouraging women (young or old) to get involved in metal-working/knifemaking etc. Even if they just make goofy wallhanger stuff :p

One of my aunts recently retired from a long, successful career as a Federal attorney and decided to take welding classes and make cool steel sculptures for her home and yard. Why not? :)

She's OK.

My sister graduated with a BA in art from UK..They actually had a pretty nice smithy in their art department(I went there often enough)..Plenty of little ladys spent time in that shop..

Im actually starting to like this show more and more..That ol' bog jumper is a funny dude.:D

Im not gonna lie, its growing on me:D.

On a related note,
The commercial for "Alaskan Bush people" I saw while watching big giant swords had a guy making knives. Might be worth a look.

Edit: it was "Alaska: the last frontier" not "Alaskan Bush people"

Last edited:
My sister graduated with a BA in art from UK..They actually had a pretty nice smithy in their art department(I went there often enough)..Plenty of little ladys spent time in that shop..
There is a lady in Lexington who appears to make a nice living as artist blacksmith. She does some HUGE sculptures for public art projects

Im not gonna lie, its growing on me:D.

On a related note,
The commercial for "Alaskan Bush people" I saw while watching big giant swords had a guy making knives. Might be worth a look.

Edit: it was "Alaska: the last frontier" not "Alaskan Bush people"

yep, Ivan likes to pound on steel. His cousin made him a small forge for Christmas. great gesture but it didn't work so well.

I'm starting to like the show more too, its light without dark drama. A good mixture of humor and steel with creativity going on.

Back