Big hands & the finger grooves on the 25 and large Inkosi.

I have big hands. I had a 25 that I sold 2-3 weeks after I bought it because I didn't like/couldn't get used to the finger grooves. I'd really like to get a large inkosi insingo, but
I'm afraid I'll have the same problem I had with my 25.
Is there anyone else that has big hands that had a 25 or large inkosi and sold it because they didn't like the finger grooves.

Last edited:
I don't have big hands, so the finger grooves fits well for me.
If a 25 didn't fit you, then the Inkosi won't either :(

aVNxqZW.jpg

I have both & the finger grooves on the Lg Inkozi & the 25 are basically the same, so if you didn't like them on the 25, you probably won't like them on the Inkozi. I have XXL hands & I don't have a problem with either, but that don't mean much, because I even got used to the finger grooves on Glocks, which don't really fit anybody.

+1 on the Glock

Did you try an Umnum Clockman?

I have big hands... and the finger grooves don't matter. My hands rest over the top and it feels comfortable to me. That's on both my small Inkosi and the large one.

I've got large-ish hands, i find the finger grooves on the inkosi fit perfectly, but everyone is different.

I have a Zaan and several 21's. I just want to try a large inkosi, I've read so many great things about it.

Last edited:
Secret_77,]I have big hands... and the finger grooves don't matter. My hands rest over the top and it feels comfortable to me. That's on both my small Inkosi and the large one.

What do you mean..my hands rest over the top and it feels comfortable? You use the finger grooves don't you?

If someone else understands what he means....that would be great too.

Last edited:
I got a lnib large micarta Inkosi Insingo a couple of days ago. The grooves were much more comfortable for me than on the 25. In Ajack60's pic of
the 25 and the Inkosi the first thing I noticed is the angle of the grooves on the Inkosi is less of an angle that the 25. IMO the change of the angle makes
the Inkosi comfortable for me.
I really like the way the Inkosi feels in my hand! Much Better than the 25.

Last edited:
Secret_77,]I have big hands... and the finger grooves don't matter. My hands rest over the top and it feels comfortable to me. That's on both my small Inkosi and the large one.

What do you mean..my hands rest over the top and it feels comfortable? You use the finger grooves don't you?

If someone else understands what he means....that would be great too.

I have big hands XXL gloves. When I grip an Inkosi I'm not trying to put my fingers in the grooves. I don't even think about it. I just grip it... it's comfortable. To me the grooves are just decoration. Sorry it's hard to explain

I have XXL hands also. I don't have a large Inkosi, but I have a small Inkosi Insingo. Just as Secret 77 mentioned, I just grab it and use it. No problems. I agree that the finger spots are decoration for me. No worries.

Groves basically identical between 25 and Inkosi. I have similar issues but i manage. I believe it is because the width of handle is greatly reduced and the finger groves sorta lose their effect for strong grip.

Back