Big Kizer Folder wanted

Hey I am looking for a 4"+ folde for EDC and PD any of you have a 5404a2 it looks like the knife for me.

I don't have the 5404 but I have a 404 which is the same knife in 3.75" blade size. It's a decent knife and certainly feels solid, but my 404 seems a little less "finished" than I've come to expect from a Kizer. You might also want to look at the 5414 series. Right now you can get a 5414A1 on closeout from BladeHQ for an incredible price. It's blade isn't quite as long as the 5404, but the knife is overall beefier. It does have a recurve and a liner lock, so that may be a detriment to you.

Hey I am looking for a 4"+ folder for EDC and PD any of you have a 5404a2 it looks like the knife for me.

I have that one and a few other similar sized models. Recommended for EDC. I'm not sure about PD as I am not knowledgeable about using knives for PD. My H&K USP is a better tool.

For a combination of EDC and SD purposes I would advise the Dukes (Ki5466) its just under 4" but relatively light yet robust and very comfortable in the pocket.
If it needs to be over 4" then Matt Cucciara's Bad Dog would be my weapon of choice! Great ergo's, robust yet not that heavy.

Thanks for this thread.

How is the action/detent on these newer Kizer models (Bad Dog, Kane, Dukes)?

I own a later model ZT560 with a very strong detent. When it opens, it flies open, but if there is any pressure whatsoever on the lockbar (from a misplaced finger), it will remain shut. I love how forcefully it opens, but I do not like how finicky it can be to get open.

The Kane has a beautiful blade, but I am considering the Bad Dog because of its larger size.

How is the action/detent on these newer Kizer models (Bad Dog, Kane, Dukes)?

I own a later model ZT560 with a very strong detent. When it opens, it flies open, but if there is any pressure whatsoever on the lockbar (from a misplaced finger), it will remain shut. I love how forcefully it opens, but I do not like how finicky it can be to get open.

The action on these newer Kizers is phenomenal. I handled a Bad Dog at a recent knife show and was extremely impressed. Also, the Kizers don't have any of that lock bar finickiness that affects the ZTs (especially the 0450).

Their klecker designed knife is a big one.not sure of the name of it, I got it and its real nice,has black and orange g10 over ti liners,the knife is similar in style to the Crawford Kasper folder.wish it was tip up though, ki4477 I think is the model number ?

The action on these newer Kizers is phenomenal. I handled a Bad Dog at a recent knife show and was extremely impressed. Also, the Kizers don't have any of that lock bar finickiness that affects the ZTs (especially the 0450).

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to having one of these Kizers in my hand.

I really appreciate how Kizer manufacturers many larger folders... and from the everything I have seen, their quality is getting higher and higher.

Back