"BIG" Little Knives

I like the idea of smaller knives for legal carry in the UK, esp without a lock... A good strong stiff (unlocking) blade please!

I just got a peek at the Lil Temperance. Very nice blades. They look much bigger than their blade length implies.

BTW, Sal, I'm one of those people who choose knives because they're politically incorrect & scary looking. Please, please, please keep making those kinds of knives. :D

Sal, I've handled some of the new models and have to say that for the small ones, the old PE G-10 standard and old CF dragonfly are still the BEST.

The standard has that thick blade(3 mm?)and the tough steel one-side handle. The draggy has the great flat blade and tough one-side steel handle too.

I think these two are the best of the small frontlocks. I don't know how strong their locks are, but I suspect it is more than adequate, at least stronger than the FRN ones.

The jester, salsa and meercat have that fingerchoil that is half handle and half blade....to me it is fine for good control in cutting chores, but for MBC, I think it puts your index finger in danger. So you have to compensate by holding below the choil, but you get less grip.

Many people use their small knives for chores but they always want it to be able to do some MBC also.

Please give us a knife that is a good blend of both. Something low profile, with a good lock, diff colours but ALSO black....2 1/2 to 3 inches...tip-down and tip-up...pls don't go too small...the tempy is great but difficult to carry discretely.

Back