Big Trouble, Little China

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I just rented this movie a few days ago and had totally forgotten that there are khukuris in it!

At the first, when Jack is driving his rig down alleyways through Chinatown and gets caught in a gang war, 3 guys "descend" into the middle of the fight and start laying holy terror. The first thing they do is take a khukuri and each simultaneously throw it and stick it into the heads of 3 fighters - quite a scene! :eek:

Later, toward the end, one of the 3 uses a khukuri in the final battle during the wedding.

Great movie.

I love that movie, it has been years since I have seen it though. Kurt Russel has some fine B movies (my favorite genre) and that is one of the best.

Pen: I bought that movie at Wal-mart for $6 while on vacation a week ago. I hadn't seen it in years, and was pleasantly suprised by the Khuks. It is a great B movie for certain.

-Craig

When I first saw that movie I watched it as a serious action movie and hated it. Then I grew a brain, saw it again and it was a very funny movie. :)

Yep, pretty good stuff. They employed like all of the martial artists they could in that film, some of hollywood's best trainers for stunts and MA. Jeff Imada in the airport w/balisong, for instance!

John Carpenter is a hit-or-miss a-b move director, but he hit it with the 1984 remake of the Thing, w/Kurt & a few others.

Check out "They Live", funny sci fi w/Roddy Piper of wrestling fame.

Just my B-movie musings.

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Speaking of khuks in movies, I had heard somebody mention that Anthony Hopkins used one in the Francis Ford Coppola version of Dracula. I rented it, he sure did, looked to me like a WWII maybe.
He used it to decapitate some vampire babes. Then, towards the end of the movie, Keanu Reeves uses a smaller one in the climactic fight scene. Slashes Dracula's throat with a wicked backhand. Beetchin Dude:cool:

Sarge

Somewhere we've got a big list of movies with khukuris but I don't know how to find it. Maybe Berk can if he comes around.

Originally posted by Ferrous Wheel
Check out "They Live", funny sci fi w/Roddy Piper of wrestling fame.

Just my B-movie musings.

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Isn't that the one were Piper says " I am here to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I am all out of bubblegum."?

Not a bad for a B-movie. Not quite stinky enough for MST 3000 to work with but not bad.:)

Cyborg is another B-movie with khukuri content.

"You think we're gonna swim to Atlanta?"

-Dave

Back