Bikers carry red knives now?

My second red handled 'tuff-lite' came today, and I am thrilled. Oh, it's not just the knife, it's how I am going to use it.

I want to go to some blade shows this summer, and frankly, I look like every other biker in crappy blue jeans. It dawned on me that other participating bikers will be there, and my guess is that they're all carrying knives with black handles. To that, every bike club in my state has at least one derelict with the nickname 'Chico.'

So I bought two red knives this month, and I'm going to stuff them in my front jeans pockets and enjoy the festivities. If nothing else it should baffle my wife when every blade-head I pass calls out, "Hi, Chico, nice tuff-lite..."
DSC03029.JPG DSC03029.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03029.JPG
    DSC03029.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC03029.JPG
    DSC03029.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03029.JPG
    DSC03029.JPG
  • DSC03029.JPG
    DSC03029.JPG
  • DSC03029.JPG
    DSC03029.JPG
Bikers should carry, if bike in mountain. That's based on the experience in pacific northwest. one or two years ago, two bikers were attacked by a mountain lion and sadly one of them couldn't make through... If they were carrying knives and had a good fight, they may scare away that monster. They did try to fight the cougar with their bike.

Guess which is my new red knife?DSC03030.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03030.JPG
    DSC03030.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC03030.JPG
    DSC03030.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC03030.JPG
    DSC03030.JPG
  • DSC03030.JPG
    DSC03030.JPG
  • DSC03030.JPG
    DSC03030.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 3
Don’t sweat Chico. It’s Tiny you need to look out for, ‘cause he’s not. When he sees those red handles, you will feel the sting of his derision.

When Tiny sees those red handles, you will feel the sting of his derision.

Yeah, he probably will. But you must admit, there is a certain flamboyant prestige that we bikers have, and usually seen in our toys. Who else would put 20K of enhancements on a 14K Harley?

For example, I have a stiletto with grips fancier than any of my wife's jewelry.

P.S. I hate to be the one to inform you, but did you know that Tiny passed away? He got back from the doctor after having a leg bone cast. His wife cooked lunch downstairs while he was upstairs. She heard a "clunk" and thought he had slipped. He had a major coronary and died before he hit the deck. I thought he would out-live us all. Tiny was the harlequin of all us CC Riders.

Last edited:
Bikers should carry, if bike in mountain. That's based on the experience in pacific northwest. one or two years ago, two bikers were attacked by a mountain lion and sadly one of them couldn't make through... If they were carrying knives and had a good fight, they may scare away that monster. They did try to fight the cougar with their bike.
I do a lot of gold prospecting here in the mountains of So. Cal.
They are known mountain lion areas. I never go back there without my SRK or my .45

I do a lot of gold prospecting here in the mountains of So. Cal.
They are known mountain lion areas. I never go back there without my SRK or my .45
Cool! I'm a sometimes prospector myself...not much gold here in my home state of MO, so whenever I travel to a decent gold state for work, I bring my picks, crevicing tools, and pans and look for open ground. Had a blast one afternoon in late July on the South Yuba last year and hope to get back out there again this summer or fall.

Cool! I'm a sometimes prospector myself...not much gold here in my home state of MO, so whenever I travel to a decent gold state for work, I bring my picks, crevicing tools, and pans and look for open ground. Had a blast one afternoon in late July on the South Yuba last year and hope to get back out there again this summer or fall.

I found a nice nugget detecting in a crevice on the Yuba about 10 years ago. Beautiful country up there.

O2LhtNah.jpg

I'm not sure what is going on either but I will ask the eternal question ...

Will it baton?

I did not know the red version of this knife existed. Ordering one now lol.

Yeah, once I saw that the red knife existed I ordered two. I have this run of bad luck--when I see something that is new, different or fills a need I have, I have to move quickly!

Then again, I like oddball stuff, so don't look for any world shaking trends.
DSC03029.JPG DSC03029.JPG

Back