BILL BAGWELL HAS PASSED AWAY

Wow. Terrible news.
My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

The great Bill BAGWELL has passed away at 77 years old

He is survived by his wonderful wife Sidra

Founding member of ABS

Bill is known by many to be the king of the modern fighting Bowie

Bill is and will always be a legend

RIP my friend

Joe... he was a good friend.... I only wish we all had more time to see him again. Thanks for being so close to him over the years. He always spoke so highly and fondly of you and held you in the highest regard. He will be missed...

God Bless and God Speed all of Bill’s loved ones, family and friends...may he Rest In Eternal Peace and Love...we are diminished. :(

Please accept my sincerest condolences for your loss my Brother...

Sad news, I just started exploring his inspirational designs last year.
I love the videos showing him working at the grinder with a big shower of sparks.

I was sorry to see this the other day. Condolences to Bill’s friends and family.

Bagwell bowies have been my grail for years, even though I've never seen one in person. I've been in awe of the man and his work. I'm saddened by the loss of a true icon, and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

I saw this on Instagram yesterday. So sad. Condolences to family and friends. I got into this game way too late to have known any of the old guard. Bill and the rest have my highest respect. Aside from the personal loss, it is such a tragedy that a lifetime of skill, knowledge and wisdom will disappear into the ether. That is why it is so important that we be good teachers and pass on as much as we can.

every time i called him on the phone , he always anwered. i will cherish his book , ii own and love bowies . GOOD BYE BILL BAGWELL RIP/

What a loss.
As a boy in the 70’s I had the pleasure of watching him forge a blade as my dad took me to meet him. Things were just getting started for him I believe. With the knifemakers guild, etc. I am fortunate to have some of his work from those early days. RIP Bill. You certainly made an impression on a young boy pounding a knife out of steel and explaining to me what Damascus steel was.

Sad news indeed, sorry to hear of this, you don't like to click the LIKE button when you seriously don't LIKE the news, but, you know what I mean.
G2

Bill Bagwell was a friend I'm proud to have known. When I inherited my Damascus Helle's Bell I called him up and asked how to run it and care for it. Bill invited me out to the house and we spent a day of poking around in his shop, sparring in the training room, watching the Africa hunt, and shooting on his range. Bill was an incredibly sharp man in his wit, his blades, and his rifles. It was an absolutely wonderful day and I wish I had made it back as planned to see him and Miss Sidra.

Unfortunately I now have a problem. When my son took up the military role in the family I gifted the Helle's Belle to him for his deployment to Iraq. My son carried and flew a flag for Bill on a mission and had a nice certificate written up honoring Bill for his contribution and support for the troops. Sadly, Bill passed away during that deployment and I don't know how to get ahold of Miss Sidra to ask her where she would like it sent. I don't know the mailing address since I used Bill's verbal instructions for the route (very funny) and Bill's phone number has been turned off.

I understand at this point I am just a guy on the internet. If Sidra's PERSEC is a concern to whoever has the contact information and wants to act as an intermediary, that is fine with me. I'd like to offer her my condolences and please pass that along for my son and I. But please help me get this flag and certificate to her if she wants it. I think Bill would have liked it.

Please PM me with any questions or details.

Back