Recommendation? Billhook ID / recommendations?

So this video's been posted on the forum before, it's great. Really makes me want a billhook for yardwork etc. Trouble is I haven't really seen an equivalent billhook anywhere poking around online. Does anyone know what pattern or type this is - is it just a larger/more exaggerated version of others that are roughly similar, or its own style?

Second, is anyone aware of people in the US/North America that manufacture and sell new traditional style billhooks, or any good places to go looking for one (besides the obvious cl/fb etc.)? In lieu of that, if there are solid 'modern' types being made that people can recommend from experience, I'm interested in that too. Thanks!

I think it’s ok (not deal spotting, etc??) to suggest you look at Baryonyx Knife Company online. The owner Benjamin stocks a bunch of great hooks and other yard tools. I’ve got a Rinaldi “Corn Hook” that works great for blackberry bushes and small green wood...

He has an Angelo B. “Slasher” that’s very similar to the one in the video...

I'm basically cleaned out of everything Italian right now and don't expect more to be available for 2+ months due to the manufacturers dealing with a surge in demand, skeleton crew pandemic staffing, and numerous supply chain and freight disruptions. But we'll be getting more of everything back in stock as soon as we're able. Things are just slow to get here during the best of times and it's that much worse at the moment.

I'm basically cleaned out of everything Italian right now and don't expect more to be available for 2+ months due to the manufacturers dealing with a surge in demand, skeleton crew pandemic staffing, and numerous supply chain and freight disruptions. But we'll be getting more of everything back in stock as soon as we're able. Things are just slow to get here during the best of times and it's that much worse at the moment.
Baryonyx is my favorite giant clawed spinosaur so I'll def keep an eye out for future stock. Honestly I shouldn't be buying anything non-essentials rn anyway, but when I am down the road I'll look to you first. Do you have any idea about what that pattern in the video is called? It looks sort of like a short handled Yorkshire, but I know next to nothing other than from a few pictures I've seen

I’m sorry to hear that. I keep checking back for the Rinaldi Sicilia “Micro”. Good luck with your supply chains!

Back