BK-18 Saves the day !

This not a "BK-18 saves me from an attacking Grizzly bear" thread, not at all. It did save the day for us though.

We are camping a few hours from home. Brought the Honda eu2000i generator & a old 5 gal gas can. One of those crappy ones that were sold years ago that took FOREVER to get it all out because the vent system sucked. So rather than throwing it away, I drilled a hole in the handle to vent like it should & put a rubber cork in the hole.

Easy fix, but after awhile the cork swells & gets spongy. So anyway, a bad storm blew through Wednesday & knocked out the power for about 18 hrs. The generator was actually for the following week at a boondock campsite. So, as luck would have it, the rubber cork broke in half. Half going into the gas can, the other in my fingers.

We had to travel to the next Campgrounds & did NOT want to spill gasoline all over the back of truck/bedslide/ARB fridge. The lightbulb in my head lit up & I remembered I brought the big ass BK-20 & my new BK-18. So I put them both to use. I split some firewood with the 20 & whittled it down to shape with the 18 ! Worked like a champ & both are still razor sharp !

Trying to post pics but no success yet, sorry.

Lobe me my trailing points - love my BK-18.

The BK-18 looks like the product of a romantic tryst between two of my other favorite Becker knives, the BK-15 and the BK-17; those two produced a love child and ergo the Bk-18.

It does sorta look like 15 and 17 got down. Never noticed that before.

Back